Damn Wind!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Wind!!!!!!

This morning the wind decided to open my drivers door for me at about 50mph. The door opened so violently that it hit the back edge of the front wing and has put a hairline crack on the plastic trim of the door and also scratched the door.
    After swearing at the weather for about 1/2 an hour I wondered if it is possible to still get this peice of trim (the one about 100mm up from the bottom of the door).

Thanks in advance

Dan

That piece is now NLA from the dealers.
    My bro tried to get one last year.
    Try Sal_S2 on here, or a scrappy. Any B3/B4 "Coupe" trim will fit.

Jas..
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n
      Any B3/B4 "Coupe" trim will fit.
      That's ok then, should be able to find one and get it sprayed up. How far are the doors meant to open? Mine seem to open really wide (90deg to the car). The hinges and other gubbins seem to be all working as they should but just wondered if they should be going that far.

Comment

Sounds about right, the coupe door does open a good way. All four of my coupes over the years have opened wide.
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

The doors so open obscenely wide, yes! If you can get a new trim sprayed up it shouldn't be too bad.

My S2 is staying in its garage during this nasty weather!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I spent every evening last week polishing and cleaning, all the wheels off, the works.
            I usually cycle into work but I absolutely hate being soaked on the way so unfortunately I've been forced to use the car.

It's always nice though when the car 'air drys' itself due to a nice coat of wax once you get moving!

Comment

Originally posted by Dpicariello
              I spent every evening last week polishing and cleaning, all the wheels off, the works.
              I usually cycle into work but I absolutely hate being soaked on the way so unfortunately I've been forced to use the car.

It's always nice though when the car 'air drys' itself due to a nice coat of wax once you get moving!
              Yeah, I love that. A decent coat of wax and the dirt and moisture flies off.

You really have been bitten by the detailiing bug haven't you?

Join here, www.detailingworld.com Jase and I are already there. Its a different world

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

How did the door open at 50mph????

iain

Comment

Sorry, that was me exaggerating

I opened the door and the wind caught it and pulled it clean out of my hand really quickly!
                  I have to park next to the estruary of the river Tamar so the wind rushes up it from the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067
                    How did the door open at 50mph????

iain
                    I had to read it twice!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dan! The weather's been as bad as I've seen it down here the last few days. Last night I couldn't do more than 20-30mph into Saltash as there was inches of standing water everywhere! I had constant spray up both sides of the car like I was driving through a river or something!! Give us a shout if you need a bit of paint. The guy up the road is very good, but he's stopping bodywork as he doesn't have the time. He'd happilly do a little bit though if I asked him nicely.
                      '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

I did something very similar to mine last winter only the door opened so far it put a little ding in the from edge of the doorskin where it touched the top hinge Don't notice it much but it looks like a massive gaping hole to me!

Will sort it out one day when i do all the other little bits but i have a theory that if you fix everything something is bound to gowrong straight away, whereas if you leave just one thing to do, nothing happens for ages Touch wood an all that
                        Ragusa Coupe gone!
                        sigpic
                        VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                        VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                        vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

It's only a hairline crack but if you look down the length of the car there is a definite depression in the trim and a scratch on the paintwork below.

My attention is drawn to it though everytime I look at the car now !!!!!!

@Merlin's S4,
                          If I can get the trim then I might take you up on the offer of getting it painted, I don't know many decent places round here yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X