RS2/Porsche mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2/Porsche mirrors

Someone out there, or no doubt several will know which porsche mirrors fit straight on the avant apparently without any mods. Replies please part no s etc. Ta
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

RS2 mirors are the only ones to fit onto the avant. Others need modification to the mirror bases and wiring.
    They are crap mirrors BTW.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

crap?? please explain...
      Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

Crap - as in small, they don't offer as much rearward vision as the standard box shaped mirrors.

I find that with a bit of time to get the adjustment right, they are ok - but they will never offer the same vision as the standard mirror.

I'll be keeping the RS2 mirrors though, I get on with them and IMHO they do look better when you compare two cars with both types side-by-side.

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

They do look nice, even more so on coupes imoa BUT i have used a set on another cart and found that i was blind. But as said you will get use to them
          Last edited by terrybullwon; 4 December 2006, 12:32.
          Chef

Comment

the rs2/porsche mirrors are in my vision the real ****....i dont like the sponge bob square mirrros....but thats my opinion.

few friends of mine have the porsche mirrors on their avants and coupes and they look stunning
            Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

RS2/Porsche mirrors

Just bumping
              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

I bought a set of porsche mirrors and I need a "screw" or fitting for the mirrors, like a plate or something, does anyone know what I mean?? (this is not RS2 mirrors) , so I need a porsche part #.
                2004 9-5 aero
                2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
                1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
                3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Don't think this is off topic, but which Porsche/RS2 mirrors will fit the S2 ABY Coupe please?
                  Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by CliveH
                    Don't think this is off topic, but which Porsche/RS2 mirrors will fit the S2 ABY Coupe please?

They are a bolt on for advants from the RS2 but coupes need a lecky work
                    Last edited by terrybullwon; 12 January 2007, 10:41.
                    Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon
                      They are a bolt on for advants from the RS2 but coupes need a little door and base work
                      Thanks James

being a bit "mechanically challenged", what does that involve? is it an easy job?
                      (or should I just do a search and stop asking silly questions...? )
                      Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ght=rs2+mirror

Only neeed to chop the door if they come from a porker

This is something i will be doing in the summer when i am having the rear bumper sprayed and maybe a front rs2 one if i can soruce it
                        Chef

Comment

You use a dremel to cut a bit in the door , the hole for the mirror is too small for the rs2 mirror base.

Can someone PLEASE help me with the 2 screws I need for the porsche mirrors
                          2004 9-5 aero
                          2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
                          1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
                          3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

the part does not have a number on it...its the gold colour steel part where you put the screw in.....

its only 1.5 inch long and works like a vork,when putting the screw in the "part" will bolt itself in the chassis
                            Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

The porsche mirrors are crap UNLESS you have the convex mirror glasses in them. Then they are the best mirrors out there. Much better then the stock S2 mirrors.
                              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                              RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                              High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                              X