Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please will someone take a photo of their coupe sills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please will someone take a photo of their coupe sills?

Hello all,

As per the title really. I would appreciate it if someone with a factory spec car could photograph their door sill scuff panel / sill area for me and either PM or post in reply. I took my car for respray today and tried to explain to the guy there which bits of the door shut should be body coloured and how far round the side of the car the black stone chip protector layer should come. I'm not sure he understood me and then i couldn't actually remember what it should be either. Does the black stone chip reach round and just tuck under the plastic scuff panels? my plastic scuff panels have long since gone :-/
    I don't know if it would all fit in one picture but any would be good as mine has had an interim repair pending fresh paint and it has blurred the lines...

Cheers!

The stone chip finish kind of blends put up to the scallop swage line down the sill. Then it's all in satin black all the way up to the horizontal surface of the sill, normally hidden under the plastic trim.

See a pic of my ABY which is as it left the factory, albeit sporting 30 months of grub
    Attached Files
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Is that a 'barn find?' Thank you for confirming - I thought the satin black just sneaked up behind the plastic trim and door shut in body colour. I'm loathed to pay for new ones at the crazy prices they are so its either a visible paint line or some sort of alternative for me. Many thanks.

Comment

Yes a barn find for sure. I know that as I don't have a barn and the car is ÂŁ35,000 if you want it
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

as long as the cobwebs are included; I'm in.

I've heard cobwebs are very very rare so it sounds like a good price.

Comment

No cobwebs here
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

no that is looking alarmingly clean! I think that green mold and cobwebs are the paint finish of choice here
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thankyou! that second picture is perfect for what I want to show as to how the scuff plate fits. I have mainly found only pictures of broken scuff plates and not the way they fit round the body. spot on!

Comment

Make sure the stone chip goes up enough to hide under the trim. They didn't when painting mine. Came to put new sill cover on and there was 5mm of paint colour showing.

Comment

good tip. I like to think the photos and visit in person have avoided that, i could see how that would be annoying!

Comment

Working...
                    X