Washer nozzle problems all round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer nozzle problems all round

Just got back from a 350mile round trip in the salty, slushy, drizzly, mucky conditions - the time when you really want your washers to work properly...

Well.

Left headlamp washer nozzles are missing (no idea where they've gone!)
    Driver's side washer nozzles barely functioning (again, third time I've had that "fixed" now)
    Rear windscreen washer aim completely "pissed"!

What's the deal with replacing the headlamp washer nozzle?

Has anyone else had problems with the driver's side windscreen washer nozzles? The pipes seem very tight and stretched along the bonnet.

I'm surprised I could see to drive straight!
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Hi Dan,
    go to

http://20v.org/problem.htm,
    then the door window etc. section and then look at the bottom for the section ( copy below)

Headlight Washer Jets (Coupe)
    (George Kostiuk)
    For some reason, the Coupe's headlight washer jets are prone to disappearing. If you ask your local Audi dealer for replacements, he'll have you buy the entire washer assembly for ~$100, and you'll have to have it painted to match the bumper. Thankfully, there is an alternative: You can buy the headlight washer assembly for a Canadian '96 VW Passat for ~$30, then pull out the little black jets, and plug them right into your existing empty assembly! The P/Ns are:

3A0 955 101 = Left side washer jet
    3A0 955 102 = Right side washer jet

Sorted.

I'nt the Internet wonderful!!

D.

Comment

Had same problem. VAGparts can send you a replacement headlamp nozzle washer thing for a fiver (or thereabouts) delivered to your door.

David.
      '93 Avant. First Avant in UK. Original Audi Press Car.

Comment

Thanks, glad the part can be replaced easily - I'm on first name terms with the customer services chap at VAGParts at the moment, I'll give them another call/order!

Anyone had a BTDT on the windscreen nozzles? They're ****.

Comment

Windscreen nozzles, quick clean with a tooth brush to remove all the polish from when you polished the car. use a pin to clear the nozzle and re-align it. The aim pattern is in the Haynes manual ( front and rear) flush the pipes and tank out and use high quality screen wash. Mercedes do some fantastic stuff I'm told. Mortgage needed.

Then go to a motor factors and get some decent Bosche blades. Clean the windscreen and use Halfords intensive glass cutting polish.

Or move to Spain.....

Here endeth the second lesson as they say on Sundays!
          D.

Comment

Done all that, and they still clag up!
            I've actually had the connecting pipe for the driver's side come out several times - the plastic tube just seems to be a too tight a stretch fit across the inside of the bonnet. Sometimes I get more washer fluid in the engine bay than on the windscreen glass!

Comment

It's awful when your fluid sprays all over the place......... I suppose it's a sign of getting old.

I had this problem on my Mondeo rear jet. This was caused by a faulty one way valve. I cleared it with an airline. It blew the valve totally out. I haven't had a problem since!

Mixing washer fluids over a period of time can cause all sorts of gunge to accumulate in the pipes and resovoir. I stripped mine down and soaked it in Bleach, including the jets. It seemed to cure the problems.

I haven't got headlamp washers as mine isn't an S2.

D.

Comment

Some washer bottles have a filter built in to the seal that the pump sits in, make sure this is clear (if fitted) remove washer bottle and clean thoroughly to remove any debris/gunge. Get airline and blow out washer pipes or go to a good motor factor and buy a new length of tubing. That should then allow you to fit a longer section of pipe under the bonnet. Remove washer jets and using an airline blow back down the jet to blow any built up crap out and rebuuild and refill with good screenwash. Should be sorted!

HTH Chris
                A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Working...
                X