Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling to remove bumper to change boost hoses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to remove bumper to change boost hoses.

I found the sticky that basically covers removing the front bumper so that I can change the boost hoses on my aby s2. I have a boost leak and figured it was time to change all the original hoses anyway.

My problem is the last bolt I got to inside the arch that holds the bumper to the inner wing I assume, is being silly. It just spins and I can't gain access to behind it to investigate.

Do I just cut the damn thing?

I thought that I may be able to change the hoses without removing the bumper but it looks to be extremely awkward to access otherwise. As you will have gathered, I am no mechanic.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

jack the car up and see if you can reach behind where the nut is to grip with a pair of pliers and try and loosen the bolt
    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It's off, but that wasn't pretty.

Comment

The originals on mine were Torx bit M6, so replaced them all with m6 stainless hex head bolt and washer to make it easier next time. Also ran an m6 tap down the nut part of the business and greased well...

Comment

I guess you have figured out that you can get up in there with a vice grips and grab hold of the threaded tube. Just don't do what i did and look in there six months later and say "aha, thats where my vice grips went"
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Luckily it didn't come to that, but the moron who had previously fitted the bumper had threaded the bolt into the nut at about a 10 degree angle. It just spun the nut around inside the inner wing because it was so badly cross threaded, but with some encouragement I got it out.

Comment

Working...
              X