What are these two parts & should they be fitted S2 Coupe ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these two parts & should they be fitted S2 Coupe ABY

I don't have them on my S2 but I am looking to fit them.

Part 27 in the parts picture are they only for certain models or do all S2 have them fitted. Rodent protector????

Part 25 Looks like its a compartment type of seal used to ensure cool air goes past the exhaust and not out via the drive shaft opening.

Does anybody have pictures of these two parts fitted? Sorry I do not have a picture of part 25 only the ETKA picture.

Part 27

Attached Files

Yes they should. Both sides, in the recess in the chassis rail above the driveshaft.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks. Do you have any pictures of them fitted?

Comment

mine were removed when the 3" downpipe was put in many years ago on s2. very an issue without them

Comment

The earlier cars like mine have flexible rubber flaps there instead.

Comment

ah thought they were the shields on gbox for shafts. mine has the rubber vertical gator on saloon too

Comment

Rubber flaps (25.) are for steering links, these (27.) are for driveshafts, standard parts on diesel B4s.

Comment

My S2 has covers over the drive shafts, right by the DP by the output shaft.

I don't think part 27 is that part hence why a picture would be nice.

Part 25 I think is a type of seal for when the suspension moves up and down it keeps the opening closed.

This is how mine looks.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have both 25. and 27. on my car but at the moment I'm ~150km away from it, will take picture when I can if noone posts it till then. BTW I have bit different part 27 - it consists of two pieces.

Comment

This is the state of what i had on my car. pretty rubbish at keeping road grit and debris out.

I cut some new ones using pieces of an old car inner tube.

plastic push rivets to hold it in place and job done for a few pence (if you have the bits knocking around to start with)

Attached Files

Comment

Here they are

Sent from my F3112 using Tapatalk

Comment

A picture is 1000 words

Thanks

Comment

Having a hard time with Audi South Africa, can anybody ask one of the local Audi dealers in UK if they can supply the part number 895863188.

Thanks

Just managed to talk to a UK dealer they cannot assist.
                          Last edited by orsum; 23 January 2018, 12:12. Reason: Made contact with a UK dealer

Comment

Working...
                          X