Looking for the top cover of the S2 windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the top cover of the S2 windscreen

Anybody know of an alternative to the windscreen upper cover for an S2 coupe.

The original part number is 895 845 121 C

Do you mean the strip which covers the front of the head liner too?
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

No its the outside strip between the windscreen and the roof

Comment

Oh, i always thought that was an integral part of the screen...learn something new everyday lol
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It was still available from Audi last year when I got mine...
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Audi South Africa say its not available.

LHD_Kid can you do me a favour ask your Audi contact if they can still get one.

Just seems that the SA guys are not always on the ball getting S2 parts as they should be.

Comment

It's NLA here now, tried Audi and TPS and none have stock, there was one on ebay in the US but well overpriced. A universal trim from a windscreen fitter is probably your best bet and it should look fine.

Comment

I had my screen done last year and the fitter had a roll of rubber seal/trim which was pretty much exactly the same profile as the Audi item, the only difference was that it didn't have a rigid plastic element. I don't see this as a problem as it doesn't need to be rigid once in place as it is bonded and fixed to the edge of the screen. Have a phone round your local auto glass fitters.

Comment

Local firm has requested I bring the car in to see what they can do.

With a bit of luck I hope I can get the original off without damaging it. It is only a couple of years old.

Comment

I had my screen replaced a few years back. I had to wait a week or so whilst Autowindscreens got one from Audi here in the UK. There's a strip required at the bottom too btw.

Comment

Everything is still available from Audi bar the top section.

Comment

I've found my spare top trim. It is only aftermarket, not an OEM one, but it has the right profile. You are welcome to it if you like. It is not rigid like the original, but looks identical once fitted.
                        Not sure how much it would cost to post, or how long it would take to reach you.
                        Last edited by LHD_Kid; 7 April 2018, 21:08. Reason: typo
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Thank that's good new. Can you post a picture of the profile?

I still have to take the car in to a glass company in SA to see if they have a product that will do the job. Let me see what they say first. If I don't come right then I will take it off your hands.

Cost and delivery time is not a big issue, getting the car right is the goal.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

I bought the upper and lower windscreen rubber last summer.

Comment

Thank that's good new. Can you post a picture of the profile?

I still have to take the car in to a glass company in SA to see if they have a product that will do the job. Let me see what they say first. If I don't come right then I will take it off your hands.

Cost and delivery time is not a big issue, getting the car right is the goal.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X