• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that's great news.

Comment

both part are now on order

Comment

Well done that man - good detective work - I will need one as well (someday).
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Can anybody advise if these part need to be fitted when replacing the windscreen on my S2 Coupe. Do they remain fitted after the installation.

443 845 631 A - screen distance piece #1 (x2)
          443 845 237 D - screen distance piece #2 (x3)

Does anybody have the Audi OEM windscreen installation manual?

Comment

To answer your question quickly those pieces stay in place after installation, and you certainly need them to get the screen fitted at the correct depth, trying to to do it without them will result in the A-post trims not fitting back on correctly.

I do have these details in the Bently manual, which I've just referred to... I was in the process of trying to photograph and upload all the information regarding windscreen removal/installation for another member, however whilst the text comes out okay the images with all the fine details don't once converted to medium in Tapatalk. I've tried every camera setting on my phone and nothing seems to work, they look perfect on the phones screen but don't look at all the same once downsized and sent too my laptop, which I don't really understand. I had to stop trying in the end before I lost my temper.

However I'm quite happy to have another go at just uploading the photographed text for you, I'll even have another go at the illustration's.

Coupe windscreens are an absolute sod of job to change and get right, I was actually discussing this yesterday at the garage I use to work at (I still go in and give them advice on old Audi's even though I can't work ATM) as they have a V6 Coupe quattro in for some other major jobs. It's a two man job to remove one even with the right tools, and to get an old one out without it going pop is impossible (or near to) without first removing the dash.

Anyway, I'll have go at photographing and uploading the details in the manual for you latter if I get chance, I actually have a few other things to get on with today even though I'm half crippled at the moment. Though given that I have the IT skills of an angry Chimpanzee you may have bare with me a little...
            Last edited by K Simmonds; 17 November 2021, 09:03.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

That would be great thanks

Comment

No worries at all, I'm going to get on to this very soon, I've actually been quite busy the past couple of days and like I've said IT really isn't my thing so I need to be in the right frame of mind before tackling using my phone to do anything more technical than basic typing or answering call etc... I know that sounds crazy but my temper/damaged hands and touch screens is not a good combo.

Comment

Just thought I'd say I haven't forgotten this, I've pushed my hands a bit far over the past couple of days trying to make them work properly again so I'm really struggling with my phone ATM, also considering upgrading to Tapatalk VIP, so when I am using my phone I'll have no averts to irritate me even further and hopefully better photo uploads.

Comment

I was told to have a look at the A3 1997 to 2003 part number 8l0-845-131a which I was told has a similar profile. The other issue was how long is it.

I have so far been unable to get a good photo of one to check.

Does anybody have any info on this part being able to fit the S2 Coupe?

Take care of your hands

Comment

Right, I've just upgraded to Tapatalk VIP as they had a sale on for a yearly subscription for less than a fiver, which even I could justify as that's what a pint of decent larger would cost in most city pubs these days, not that I'd want one anymore.

So I should now be able to photograph and upload the manual's fine details, which will give you all the info you need to get the screen swapped properly.

I want to do a decent job of it as this info should be on here for all Coupe owners to refer to given the absolutely horrendous installations I've encountered done by most windscreen replacement service's. With the details in the factory manual there's no excuses for making a mess of it, unless perhaps the glass is slightly the wrong shape which I did hear was an issue with some screens, though this could have been an excuse for botched work.

My hands are kinda working again so I'll have another go this evening, when I'm at my least shaky.

Comment

This will be a big help to everybody.

May have struck a bit of luck. A friend has advised he may have located an after marked part in South Africa that will fit. Going to see him next week.

Comment

I'm now waiting on one of those flexible tripods, as I can't keep still enough to capture the details reliably, should have been here last week. We'll get there in the end!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X