Zen and the art of changing my s2 door mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen and the art of changing my s2 door mirror

Well I have to laugh at this point, had my drivers mirror spectcularly destroyed by a random oncoming driver in a group of traffic, just suddenly veered at me, i put a half meter swerve in and still was hit on the mirror at a high speed, very dramatic. I have a complete door and mirror of a 94, mine is a 93. How on earth do I take the trailing bolt out to swap it to the other hole kindly provided by audi? The mirror does not come back enough to take it out! Before I make it fit I just wondered if any enlightened folk can shed light on this?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The mirror should definitely turn enough to get the bolt out. I would try putting it back on the door so more force can be put on it. A lot of mirrors I've dealt with have been impossible to fully turn when removed from the door.
    1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Yes as above, just shove it more, or try twisting the other way?

Comment

I agree with the above as did it last year and one of mirror's played ball...the other needed cutting off. I was putting a LOT of force into turning it but decided I was at risk of damaging the door skin. Angle grinder revealed the bolt I couldnt get to, just be wary that depending on how your car is faring with regards corrosion, you may find the mirror fixing bolts seized. Not only did I have to destroy my mirror, I had to drill out the bolt. That was inconvenient but at least someone else has destroyed your mirror already!
        Last edited by steve briance; 7 June 2018, 22:05.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

As above. Do on the car. Much easier.
            My 9 year old lad does them when Im breaking cars. These and lights are his favourite to take off.

Comment

left it for 3 days for oil to soak in and it goes the other way, result!

Comment

Working...
              X