Glass Replacement on RS2 Wing Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Replacement on RS2 Wing Mirrors

The adhesive on my wing mirror is no longer effective and at high speeds the mirror is flapping around a little. I can press it back, but then after a while it comes slightly loose again. I am having a trouble removing the glass using a flat bladed screw driver to push the rotation ring, has anyone here had difficulty removing it.

The article in the link below suggest that pressure should also be applied from a vertical direction so that the pin clears the groove and then to rotate the ring. However, in other search results it only states that you need to rotate the ring using one of the ring grooves, which can be accessed from the little hole at the bottom of the mirror. Any help appreciated, as I have tried without success so far.

https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...tuff/i-BFkKrN4

Just use a flat screwdriver through the bottom hole to rotate the locking dics on the back. Should just come out really easy. Maybe use some tape on the glass to have some pull on it when unlocked.
    Inspect the pictures that you provided. Should be easy to do.
    If your glass is detaching from the locking plate I could see this causing a removal problem. If it only pulls on one end it might catch on the motor still even in the unlock position.
    1967 fiat 500 future project
    1976 audi 100 coupe S
    1989 vw corrado 16V
    1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
    1994 audi RS2 project
    1994 audi RS2 parts car
    1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Working...
    X