Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best supplier for Windscreen

Alright chaps,

Whilst my headling is out for a retrim i've decided now is a good time to replace my windscreen, badly laminated both sides.

Because i live on the Isle of Lewis we don't have Autoglass or your likes to supply windscreens but have several good bodyshops that have replaced coupe screens over the years.

I'll be claiming off my imsurance, but where would be the best place to source a correct coupe windscreen. Certainly don't want one that doesn't fit correctly.

What other bits and pieces will i require?

Thanks guys
    Gordon

You will more than likely require new top and bottom trim pieces. Have a look if Audi Tradition supply them. I think you'll struggle to find them anywhere else now.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Ok cheers, i'll check that out.

What about the windscreen itself?

Comment

Infact has anyone got the part numbers for the trim i need. I'm not too sure what they look like.

Cheers

Comment

Cover section top 895845121C and cover section lower 895845121E
          91 Modded 3B

Comment

If you can get a heated screen from the Chef, do it.
            Last edited by SteveH; 24 October 2018, 21:56.
            91 Modded 3B

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for that. It's a mountain of knowledge this forum!!!

I'll contact Chef about the heated screens, think i might have shown interest in these previously but had to pull out if i remember correctly.

Comment

Evening chaps. Are there many makes of windscreens available for the coupes? Any i should avoid fitment wise? What about the greenish tint on the OEM screen, do non OEM screens come with this?

I think i read somewhere if the OEM screen is being removed for the first time that the upper and lower trims can be reused. Is this true?

Lots of questions i know, want to get this right first time.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X