No announcement yet.

Audi 80 tdi avant tailgate water ingress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Newsh, and yes I can imagine how frustrating and ultimately upsetting that would have been for you. I just had one thing leaking and it concerned me that it would rot the tailgate out, and also the spare wheel well as it was leaking on into there, along with any panel/bracket joins along the way. Your situation sounds really terrible as you'd expect a pro shop to deeply understand the importance of seals and drains but I imagine time and finances are often against many of them. I suppose there's also the factor that cars can vary so much that even pros can make errors when they don't know a car inside out.

Anyway here's a shot of the car back in the summer. It was a little tatty when I got it. Most aren't too keen on the tyres / height / rear bumper but hey I'm trying to keep things practical and to a budget!

Comment

Ignore that crowd, some (myself included) quite like the height / tires etc., and particularly the mud-flaps. It is refreshing to see a practical looking non-cartoon version that could dare venture beyond the boulevard.

Comment

I'll agree with Lago's sentiments there. Car is looking good.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

The most important thing is you like it . I also have a big old set of tyres on my 10v coupe . Love them. Your avant looks great fella keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank you so much for the kind words guys, that was really nice of you all!

Comment

My first tdi wagon was similar but I like your wheels much more. If you ever think about selling the wheels ??!!

Comment

Thanks John - unlikely in the near future but will bear it in mind if I can't keep the car going any longer. A really nice guy on the classic audi forum offered them to me and was really so helpful about it all, so it was a lucky find thanks to him.

Comment

Working...
                X