B4 US rear bumper mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B4 US rear bumper mounts

Hoping to find some help here as I know there are some members from United States.
    I got B4 US spec rear bumper, but I'm sure there are some parts missing because there's no way to bolt it down to the car. I've checked 7zap catalog but it doesn't list US market specific bumper even under USA tab. So, if anyone has pictures of the bumper or the way of how it mounts to the boddy, can you please share them here? I want to get the idea so i can fabricate my own mounts.
    Here's what I got at the moment:
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The center section (the bumper) has an aluminum beam inside the cover that attaches to two shocks that are designed to absorb an impact.
    The shock tubes slide into the chassis to bolt up. One long bolt per side- attach the aluminum beam to the shock.

Audi 90 US spec bumper.gif
    //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Part numbers

4 - N01021533
      6- N90062603

8 - N0447591
      //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

I can not find a part number for the bumper shocks. There are a few fronts on Ebay.com

For visual reference:

Audi 90 front bumper shock.jpg

This is a front shock. The red arrow has a bolt that attaches through the side of the frame rail. I don't remember if the rear has one too.
        The green arrow is the top, the #8 bolt above inserts from the bottom of the bumper through the aluminum beam.
        //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Perfect, thank you very much
          I don't need functionality of shock absorbers so i'll just practice my welding skills and fabricate solid mounts. Side brackets looks similar if not the same as S2 ones.
          One last thing - I assume tabs circled red bolts down to the body and tabs circled green doesn't attach anywhere (there's no bolt/nut marks on it). Am i right?
          image_75532.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

I will need check. It has been a long time. I know I collapsed my shocks to shorten the over hang.

It will likely be a week or so before I can check my car parts to update this.
            //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

I think I found how to mount the bumper. Did a test fit, there's a few more attachment points for outer shell where holes must be drilled in the body. You can clearly see the place, but hole is just not there.
              Holes with threads for bolting down shocks are already there, just covered with tape and paint (what a surprise). Since I don't have the shocks and I want massive-butt bumper bar to be more inside, I'll just fabricate my own mounts from some scrap metal.
              Than you very much for input
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I'm wondering why you want to fit a US bumper when Euro bumpers are much better looking? Is it for the look or are you doing something a little out of the ordinary with it?

Comment

The stock bumper beams are aluminum. and the center bumper cover snaps around them.
                  l'll mail a rear bumper beam to you if you cover the shipping costs. If interested I'll have it measured and weighed for a quote.
                  //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                    I'm wondering why you want to fit a US bumper when Euro bumpers are much better looking? Is it for the look or are you doing something a little out of the ordinary with it?
                    I had a chance to trade it for standard EU bumper and wanted something bit different while still being OEM. I'll fabricate custom mounts for the beam to make it stick out much less than original and look not that ugly. Don't worry, I won't ruin Pelicanblue 80 with it

Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post
                    The stock bumper beams are aluminum. and the center bumper cover snaps around them.
                    l'll mail a rear bumper beam to you if you cover the shipping costs. If interested I'll have it measured and weighed for a quote.
                    Thank you for the offer, but I have the beam. The only parts I'm missing are side brackets and shocks which I will fabricate from metal.

Comment

Working...
                    X