Rear Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper

Any top tips for removing/fitting a rear bumper on a coupe? Know what to do on the front but never tackled a rear!

Should (!!) be a straightforward job! There’s two set of mounting brackets with 2 bolts each at the back of the bumper I think – seem to go thru the skirt roughly in a line from the middle of the light clusters say. Assuming access to theses bolts is from under the car, which should be fun in this weather!! .

Doesnt look too bad but any BTDT's always appreciated!!

Cheers

Paul
    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

Right,

Two sets of two bolts on the interior of the car behind the carpet, Roughly in line with the lights as you said. One screw type (well it was on mine) bracket which is accesed via the hole in the center of the bumper underneath......

The two hex bolts either side attatched to the wing and voila.... Bumper is your uncle
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
      Right,

Two sets of two bolts on the interior of the car behind the carpet, Roughly in line with the lights as you said. One screw type (well it was on mine) bracket which is accesed via the hole in the center of the bumper underneath......

The two hex bolts either side attatched to the wing and voila.... Bumper is your uncle

Cheers mate

so the main 4 bolts you can get at from inside the boot, but the centre bracket uses that circular cut out somehow - was wondering what that was for!

nice one

Paul
      Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Ar just make sure you have a really long screwdriver as running your knuckles round that cut out is a tad painful
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

will do mate cheers - lookin at my replacement bumper it looks like this little centre bracket is still attached which is why I was confused. Think they've not realised and just pulled it off with the bumper - although they could've left it on in case I didnt have one, I guess.

cheers

Paul
          sigpic

Comment

Paulgo, I have a favor to ask?....

Could you take some pic of the mounting holes on the cars body ?
            I'd really appreciate. I'm trying figure out where the placement of the mounting holes would be.
            Need to redrill and need a clear pix of the postion of them are.
            Thanks loads!

Comment

Will do mate, no problems - hoping to get the bumper off this weekend so will take some pics / measurements for you.

Meanwhile this is an old shot (forgotten from where) Ive had kicking around - can see the holes from one side to get an idea.

Marked the position of the holes in yellow to make them stand out more, if you look towards the zorst. You can also see the centre support tag which is a good centring point and the one I used to measure out from. Might help a little in the meantime.

cheers

Paul
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X