Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 door mirror base

Hello
    Does anyone know where I can get RS2 door mirror bases please?

They are not available as a separate part from Audi unfortunately. The mirrors have been NLA for a while now too. They are Porsche 968 mirrors, but with different bases, Porsche sell the base as a separate part, maybe you could adapt them, but I wouldn't be too hopeful. It's also worth noting that they are different between LHD and RHD.
    92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
    98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
    63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
    69 Austin Mini Cooper
    71 MGB GT
    75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
    04 Kawasaki GPX250
    96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Cheers mis amigos,
      _Anton

Comment

for sale?

Comment

Yes for sale!
          Cheers mis amigos,
          _Anton

Comment

Are these a direct replace to allow the 968 mirrors to be used on our rhd Audi’s ?
            They look really good
            Gav
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Sold to OP. Yes they should be direct replacement for Porsche units. I never got the chance to compare rhd base against lhd base so cannot answer. Best bet is to have a rhd rs2 owner compare part#. I do have 1 fair condition mirror housing and base available.
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

Hi Anton, the bases arrived safely. Great to have them, thank you

Comment

Before I paint and fit this pair of brand new zinc alloy RS2 mirror bases to my car, I thought I should explore having them reverse engineered in case anybody else needs a pair. They would be 3D scanned and printed in hard plastic which will not corrode. The material the printer suggests is ASA (Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate). The bases would be smooth and fully finished with sand blasting and sanding. They would simply need to be primed and painted.

In order to assess whether this is viable, I would like to know if anyone is interested in a pair of these bases? The cost would be £250 (GBP) per PAIR plus delivery from the United Kingdom. If there are lots of takers, the cost would be lower due to economies of scale in production.

Please let me know if this is of interest.

IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2717.JPG IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2715.JPG
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is why it’s relevant to post your experience. I’m sick of the crooks and I’m not one to slide by on it. Cheers and good luck on reps. Best way
                    Cheers mis amigos,
                    _Anton

Comment

I would be interested in the bases
                      - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Sorry but the bases are now on my car

Comment

No worries, do you know where I might be able to find a pair? They really are hen's teeth..
                          - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Originally posted by bhlegit View Post
                            No worries, do you know where I might be able to find a pair? They really are hen's teeth..
                            Just buy a set of the rep mirrors, why pay 250 for a pair of bases when you can get a complete set of reps for 400 that people have already got fitted and using.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

Just buy a set of the rep mirrors, why pay 250 for a pair of bases when you can get a complete set of reps for 400 that people have already got fitted and using.
                              i will definitely do that, where can I get them from? cheers pal
                              - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Working...
                              X