audi coupe b3 window fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi coupe b3 window fault

so last year my drivers side window cable twiseded up in the motor and stoped the window from shuting so i bought a rebuild kit for £10 and replaced it all was fine intill today i havent used the car for the last two weaks so i thought id take it to work (what a stuped idea) as i went to put the window down, it was struggerling and going tight so i took the door card of and greesed it all up and made sure nothing was rubbing but still not working. so i thought i would strip it to save it from damaging the cables (too late) some how bran new cables with little use have jumped on the new bobin on the motor and recked a new set of cable. so i am now getting some more but only ones i can find a £30. what can i be doing wrong or is there someting eles i can do to stop it hapnaing agian? also i was woundering if there is any sort of retro fit so i dont have to use the old set up?

Hate to say it, I buy new cable assemblies, about £100, but they do last years and years.

Last one was on ebay, but think tradition have them too.

Comment

895 837 726B for RHS. 96 Euro inc. VAT from Audi Tradition.

As far as I'm aware there's no retro fit alternative.

Comment

only thing i can find is this https://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66858 so i will give the new rebuild kit ago but if it brakes agian then ill try focus ones

Comment

Personally I wouldn't bother for only a saving of €90.

Comment

Working...
          X