No announcement yet.

Heavy rockerpanel/sideskirt damage fix to Audi S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be also asking the previous owner to contribute towards the cost of getting this repaired especially if he never mentioned this huge dent? I would be pissed off if am being honest. A decent body shop would easily help sort that out though.

Comment

A few thoughts. 1. Did you not see any pictures of it before buying it? And 2. Are you sure it wasnt the people that transported it that caused the damage?
      ​​
      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Slight update for the issue.

3-4 bodyshops have rejected work and have been proposing replacing rockerpanels completely. So far I haven't decided to go that route, and managed to find one shop from other city, willing to perform work but want to examine situation first. Lets see how this ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by fish View Post
          A few thoughts. 1. Did you not see any pictures of it before buying it? And 2. Are you sure it wasnt the people that transported it that caused the damage?
          ​​
          I asked the precise photos and got more photos as well, but all these areas were behind the shadows or left out from picture. Previous owner said that there is something very, very minor, but hardly even noticeable below the car. In the photo from below, these were not even noticeable. It was only when car was delivered, that I saw these. Car was driven to my hometown by third part that I know so basically it was not possible. I called back to seller and he partly admitted situation.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
            I would be also asking the previous owner to contribute towards the cost of getting this repaired especially if he never mentioned this huge dent? I would be pissed off if am being honest. A decent body shop would easily help sort that out though.
            These 4 huge dents actually . I was really pissed off with these and I got minor contribution from seller but not much.

But now after more precise examination of this car, it seems that those dents are only part of the story. To be honest, I'm not sure have I ever seen this poorply maintained S2 before. I was told that for example brakes needed some update or maybe new pads. Well, after I opened one side, what i found was that in one corner there was only one pad and the caliber piston was doing job of the other. Of course I need to get new caliber totally but will be interesting to see what else I will find from this car. Looks like I got some job to do. Well, at least got something to be busy with during winter .

Comment

Working...
            X