Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main differences between CQ20v coupe and the S2 coupe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main differences between CQ20v coupe and the S2 coupe ?

Can any of the resident Audi experts on this ere forum please tell me what the main differences are between the two cars barring the engine, drivetrain and hubs?

Basically, is a CQ20v shell stripped down of running gear and parts...an identical shell to an S2 coupe in the same state? (one thats stripped ready for a full rebuild or whatever?)

and following on from that, would the complete S2 drivetrain,interior and running gear bolt straight up to a CQ shell along with other parts like bumpers and whatnot

Reaon being Ive got an accident damaged s2 in my garage and know someone that might be selling a pristine low miles CQ. thanku for your time

From what I know, Yup all goes straight on.....
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

how did you find an s2 state side
      94 s2 avant
      aoc member 1116

Comment

Yep it should all go on fine only differences I can think of are:

The 4 subframe bolts on the Coupe Quattro might be M10 instead of M12. This is a year thing. As long as the COQ is post 91 (I think?) you will be fine. Worth checking though. If they are different you could always use the COQ sub frame unless you are going 6 speed.

Secondly you won't have the top strut brace (I think?) on the COQ. No real issue there either

Comment

Bulges in the floorpan of S2 for the dual cats. Either side of gearbox tunnel.

You catch your ankle on them when using clutch (for RHD cars)!!

__MDC__
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Errrm ...that was comparing my old 10v CQ to the S2 ...not so sure about 20v ...sorry!

__MDC__
            Martin Cutting

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten View Post
              Bulges in the floorpan of S2 for the dual cats. Either side of gearbox tunnel.

You catch your ankle on them when using clutch (for RHD cars)!!

__MDC__
              i think those bulges in the gearbox tunnel are only on the 3b model.

Brian

Comment

Where is the battery in a CQ?

Cheers n

Si
                95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Thanks Brian, I am now a little more enlightened than I was earlier!

I'd guess battery in CQ is under bonnet - but it is also under bonnet in my 3B (neatly placed under the strut brace on LHS, against the bulkhead...)

__MDC__
                  Martin Cutting

Comment

Hey I've got a question also, will the b4 headlights mount up to a b3 90CQ using the b3 fenders?

Comment

Battery under the bonnet in a CQ20v, no strut brace, and there is also two braces welded between the struts and bulkhead to stop flex.

I thought the different floor was only abys because of the 6speed/dual pipe manifold/ and larger cats?
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

and there is also two braces welded between the struts and bulkhead to stop flex.

the main stealer have thoose in stock: have just mine at home; cost pocketmoney
                        there are som small diff, but it will fit: the subframe bushing have 10 before 92,or 12mm bolt after. some smaller diff where the batteri are; under the backseat (s2)or in the enginecompartment... the rest will fit straight in:by the way USE NEW bolts to the subframes.... they have to broke if they are used/old

Comment

US spec CQ has battery under hood(bonnet) no strut brace, different bumper mounts so that makes life interesting there. 6-speed doesn\'t require new subframe only mounts (well besides the shifter and axles). the b4 lights can be added to a b3, but look funny on the car as they are different shapes and can hit the grille IIRC. I have b4 dual rounds so I have to figure this out myself.

I am basically building a 6-speed S2 spec CQ in MN only v8 engine not 20vt.
                          Sean
                          91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                            I thought the different floor was only abys because of the 6speed/dual pipe manifold/ and larger cats?
                            Well Kitty is definitely a 3B and she had the split pipe and dual cats ...well, she did have them in the distant past! I was always given to believe that the difference in the exhaust was that the downpipe and split pipe are separate on 3B, all one piece on ABY?

__MDC__
                            Martin Cutting

Comment

Yes thats what i meant, the ABY downpipe splits into two, where as 3B splits into two after the downpipe. I might be wrong but i thought the floor was different on an ABY because of the different cat layout?

Was a long time ago i looked into this planning my CQ20v converion, i was under the impression there is room for the 3B twin cat layout to fit but not for the ABY cats. I have an RS2 downpipe and cat bypass pipes which i was under the impression will fit into my cq20v body. ....at least i hope it does
                              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                              X