Pemagard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pemagard

With the recent posts regarding cleaning/products etc I thought I should post
    something about Permagard treatment.

http://www.permagard.info/?gclid=COm...FRU9EAodyA7XLw

(No affiliation etc...)

I was pretty much the biggest sceptic about any of these 'paint' treatments but eventually took the plunge and had my car "cleaned" by the team in Docklands London
    about 6 months ago.

It helped my initial confidence to see some exceptionally expensive cars that had been treated to good effect.

Specifically, I chose to have the engine bay, bodywork and windows cleaned n' treated
    and was really pleased with the results. Over 6 months now since the visit and the results are still evident.

Essentially, they super clean your car, remove all dirt/grime etc as well as any left over hard wax. They then apply their 'gunk' and away you go.... Took a full day to do....

What's it like? Well, the surface of the paintwork to touch is uber smooth and glassy to touch. Most if not all of swirl marks from previous cleaning efforts have disapeared which is great. The biggest upside is the car doesn't really get so dirty any more. ie: When it rains it tends to clean the car to some visible extent for you...

You do still need to clean it though for proper results, although now you must only use a mild shampoo, cloth, rinse and chamois to finish. A full clean now to get perfect results only takes a couple of hours, as opposed many more before with polish and wax. The real trick is that the car is now exceptionally easy to clean as the dirt doesn't stick on as it used to and it removed by just a gentle wipe.

The glass treatment is cool and is similar (I guess) to Rain X, although not used that. On the way home we drove through a thunder storm and I didn't need the wipers - the rain just runs off the screen, providing your driving along at a reasonable speed.

After 6 months I've had to re-apply on the main windscreen, probably because of the wiper action but the other windows are still just great.

The engine bay is still fairly clean and shiny, and here's the key - dead easy to clean up - the only problem I had after the treatment was an intermittant missfire which lasted about 4 days. My guess is that fluid was forced under the spark plug/coil cover and caused the problem. However, all was back to normal after some miles as it dried out.

Anyway, I'm delighted with the service and treatment and can recommend it.

If you want to spend minimal time cleaning your car and get maximum results, as well as protecting your paintwork I'd suggest you look into it!
    RS2+ (now sold...)

I had my RS2 permagarded over a year ago and on the whole it has worked very well, pretty much as you described, although the treatment it's starting wear off and now needs a top up.

Ironically despite the car being easier to clean, my car ended up actually being dirtier for longer periods as it wasn't washed as often as I couldn't just go and get a quick car wash at one of those hand wash places, as the soap they use has a detrimental effect on the permagard treatment.

Angus
    formally RS2 +

Comment

Working...
    X