Door seal replacement questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door seal replacement questions

I just changed out the door seals on my Coupe after being unable to fix the wind noise and noticing that they looked degraded. After swapping them out I've noticed it is a lot harder to shut the doors with the windows rolled up. Is that just the seals still being very stiff and not being settled in to the windows yet? I thought maybe the previous owner might have adjusted the windows to clamp to tight to get the old seals to work. It looks that way since the top part of the glass is the first to hit the seal. Would realigning both windows solve this?

Also, I noticed that on ETKA they list a different seal for the earlier Coupes. I'm not sure that mine were this same part number. Would this have anything to do with fitting issue? It doesn't seem like theres much they could change that would affect it much.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
    1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

you might need to adjust the windows or door out a bit depending on how it all lines up. When I changed mine i had to adjust the window to suit because it was a little too tight
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
    X