Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Replacement 1991 S2 Coupe

Hi all
    I am having water leaking in from the top right Windscreen pillar and intend to get the Screen Replaced soon as the water is making its way down the pillar and into the car.

There are some rust issues on both sides of the roof which have crept up from below the Plastic strip which runs along the top of the front screen, so firstly want to get these issues sorted out.

What i need to know, is Firstly, Does anyone know if this Seal strip is removable without taking the Screen out first???? or is it bonded in when the Screen is fitted????
    making it impossible to take out unless the screen is removed first.

Help would be appreciated folks!!

Originally posted by audimaniac View Post
    What i need to know, is Firstly, Does anyone know if this Seal strip is removable without taking the Screen out first???? or is it bonded in when the Screen is fitted????
    making it impossible to take out unless the screen is removed first.

Help would be appreciated folks!!
    Bonded in unfortunately.
    Recently had mine done, it's a big job and not for a fitter who doesn't know whats he's doing. Plenty on here, myself included (on a past Coupe) have had terrible jobs done.
    Make sure you speak with the fitter first, make him aware that a bad job isn't an option.
    I can recommend Autoglass in Middlesbrough and also Autoglass in Coventry.

Good luck and I hope they don't **** it up.

Jas..
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Hmmmmm that bad eah!!
      Well mines had a butcher let loose on it in the past, due to now having rust coming up from behind the seal where they have removed the previous screen and scratched the paint below causing it to rust, now it looks like the bonding has lifted away causing the screen to leak.

I have read plenty of Forum threads and actually thought at first it was the door seals or the Notorius Bonnet Cable seal, but no, i knew in my own mind it was something else.

Anyway, been to book in today for relacemnt screen and roof re-painted.

Regards Audimaniac

Comment

Working...
      X