Doorseal leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doorseal leakage

Well guys, I've been looking through all "doorseal realted topics" but didn't find anything that resambles my problem and provides a solution so help would be appriciated.

What do I have
    1. Water in the drivers footwell;
    2. Water dripping from the doorseal on passengerside (dripping on to the seat).

When did it start? Yes, I noticed it some time after the windscreen was replaced by carglass.

What did I find
    On 1. the water is coming down the front, vertical part, of the doorseal, then runs allong the inside of the seal down to the bottom and there goes underneath the plastic bits to be sucked in by the dampening mats (got a few litres of water out of that).
    I took out all inside covering and check the seal to find the point of entrance. The water comes in where the seal goes from angled to vertical. There is kind of a horizontal surface on which the water comes and then chooses its way in.
    I checked if all holes in the metal part keeping the A-style in place are sealed. All but one where sealed so I sealed the last one aswell. As it is directly above the horizontal surface in the seal and it was the only difference between dricer- and passenger side I was very hopefull. However today it rained again and the problem was still there.

I also took out the seal completely, checked for cracks (none found) and remounted it using some vaseline. the seal was a bit stiff but not really.
    What I did notice is that the strip holding the A-style in place was damaged when they drilled out the rivets.

On 2. water comes in allong the top horizontal part of the doorseal, runs down on the inside of the seal and then drips out somewhere allong the angled part of the seal.
    The passengerside got the same treatment as the driversside (interieur covering out, doorseal out and remounted with vaseline) on this side also the strip was damaged when drilling out the rivets, all holes where covered with tape, n oother strange thingswhere found.

Any btdt, with solution is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Carlo
    No power, no glory!
    S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

I have the same problem, going to change the seal and adjust the door and glass djustments to hopefully stop it... I hate leaks

You could try adjusting the door shut then the glass position adustment.

Jay

Comment

Go the asme problem myself (so have not refitted the carpet yet). Got to be soem fix it's some where????
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Good to hear I am not the only one, but I knew that already.
        A shame no one really found a solution.

The most iritating is the fact that the car was watertide untill the windshield swap.

However, I now took out the inside trim and am going to drive around without it for a few days to find where the water is really coming from. If the weatherforecast is a bit accurate I will have ampel testing time.

Keep you posted on the findings
        No power, no glory!
        S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Working...
        X