colour coding the skirt.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour coding the skirt.....

Been thinking about this for a while, and seen a couple of examples elsewhere on the forum....
    I have played with photoshop myself (just a beginner at this) to see what it might look like....
    Was wondering if anybody has any ideas of the long term resistance of painting the rubber door trim parts?
    I understand that you add "flex" to the paint to keep it more flexible, but any experiences in real life?
    Surely the base is more likely to chip, but painted properly with decent paint and lacquer will surely reduce the chances...
    Anyway, I am still thinking.....
    Last edited by LHD_Kid; 14 July 2007, 22:45. Reason: terrible spelling...!
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Hi matey looks good with color codin, ive always been a fan of it, there is some stuff called plastersizer or elastersizer, which u can mix with the laquer to stop it crackin the paint if u flex the rubbers, if i remember rightly when color codin my passat i mixed the elastersizer in with paint and the laquer which done the trick, i could fold the rubber trim let it go and it was perfect still

Comment

I really think its something I will do....
      I reckon it brings the car more up to date, not to everyones taste I know, but then its nice to be a little different...
      Made a big difference to the look of your Passat too, looks better IMHO
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I was thinking about this too actually. I need to repair my front bumper and was thinking that I might get a better finish on the lower part if it was sprayed after the repair. can't decide if I prefer the black or fully colour coded. hmmm

Have any of the forum members had any interesting paint jobs done on their S2s? And by interesting i mean other than one plain colour.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        1990 CQ20v
        2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
        X