Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front towing eye and oil cooler cover - how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front towing eye and oil cooler cover - how to remove?

Simple question as my brain isn't functioning this morning at all.

What clips/pins/etc hold in the plastic grill that's part of the front bumper that covers the towing eye and the oil cooler? How do I remove it so I can clean out all the **** which builds up in there in front of the oil cooler?

Ta

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

The back of the grill has clips that grab hold of the bumper, just give it a firm pull and it will come off.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

yes, but pull from the side next to the centre grille.... its hooked into the bumper on the outside edge...
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Thanks guys I just needed to yank harder.

Cleared out all the leaves and cigarette butts (I don't smoke, so would love to know how they got in there) and there's a lot of dirt and mud built up in the oil cooler - there can be almost no air going through it. Is it safe to point a pressure washer at it and blast the dirt away?

Ck.
        Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

i would have thought so but don't quote me....either that or just get it wet and then use an airline to clean it. Also, check how much cr&p is stuck in the intercooler. When i took mine off it was full of grit and rubbish between the fins.......
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
            Thanks guys I just needed to yank harder.

Cleared out all the leaves and cigarette butts (I don't smoke, so would love to know how they got in there) and there's a lot of dirt and mud built up in the oil cooler - there can be almost no air going through it. Is it safe to point a pressure washer at it and blast the dirt away?

Ck.
            Go careful with the pressure washer, as you don't want bent fins on the cooler.
            SS

Comment

Working...
            X