Intermittant passenger window fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittant passenger window fault

Hi, my passenger window has an intermittant fault which is pi$$ing me off. I bought a window mechanism of delta over a year ago, it never arrived , but thats another story . Will it be the motor or could it be wiring, when i operate the buttons repeatedly eventually it works, or it goes down no problem and wont go up until it reaches the bottom. Any ideas, am i going to have to fork out for another window motor?
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

I had an in operative window, but all of the electronic clicks were in order,
    Stripped out the door panel and found that when trying the window switch the motor got warm, left for a fewthe motor cooled,

evident that it was a mechanical fault, (not electrical)

stripped what i could which wasnt a lot , oil and greased all moving parts and

now its better than the other, need to do the same on the passenger side

George
    91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

Cheers George, i guess it will be easier to look and test, the motor, give it a clean out and a grease up.
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X