RS2 reflective number plate thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 reflective number plate thing

What is the pat no. of the RS2 reflector that replaces the number plate surround?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Doug,
    have you found someone who makes the RS2 style rear bumper for the coupe?

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

No.

I am going to try and see if I can mount the reg under the bumper, at an angle so it can be viewed from behind the car but not from behind and about camera height. Is there anyhting illegal with that?

It might look 5hit but I'm going to try it. Any other suggestions?

I do want an RS2 rear bumper for the coupe - but where?

Comment

I wouldn't buy a fibreglass front bumper but if someone did an RS2 copy rear for the Avant then I would definately buy one! Any other Avant owners like me here? Maybe Cossykillers mate, Mark, can help? I'd do it myself but I don't have the time these days. Too many projects 'on the boil'.

Lee
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I do want an RS2 rear bumper for the coupe - but where?
          Dunno, been looking , havent found one yet.

Mark.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

Hi,

bumperboer
            Has a RS2 model Coupe Bumper for € 355,-

THey change the RS2 rearbumper Exhaust space and more to fit.
            www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Where about Nero - I can only see an avant with an RS2 rear bumper.

Thanks

Comment

What is the pat no. of the RS2 reflector that replaces the number plate surround?
                Doug,
                I've been looking on ETKA and cant seem to find it .

Mark
                Mark - Modded

Comment

ETKA Illustration 853-30. It's not shown on the diagram. Look about half way down the parts list.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Most of the stuff at bumperboer.nl comes from ker-innovatec, and can be obtained cheaper directly from them.

Doug, for the Coupe RS2 rear bumper go to:

http://www.ker-innovatec.de

-> 89/89Q -> Karosserietuning

Unfortunately there's no pic of the rear bumper. The rear bumper is "Heck-Stoßstange im RS2-Look".
                    Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Lee,

KER also sell an RS2 rear bumper for the Avant (and sedan) for 299 euros:

Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

My first post on this forum and site!

Several years ago I went down the RS-look route when I trashed the bumper on my 2.8q coupe, putting on the RS2 front bumper I decided to complete the look by having the black side skirts and rear bumper colour-coded to match. As no RS2 rear bumper was made to fit the coupe I decided to make my own I basically removed the standard rear bumper and took the coupe number plate surround and 'glassed it in by cutting a rectangular hole in the bumper and filling and sanding it untill it looked just right Funny as Doug mentioned the camera thing and the angle but using the coupe plate surround actually made the plate face downwards rather than upwards, you can see the plate fine if you're a car travelling behind keeping a regular distance but looking down from the tailgate you can only see half the plate:nana: . I bought the RS2 reflective panel from the stealer for around £79, bolted it in the plate surround gap but it looked odd, the handle space for the Avant hatch looked like a vast void so I had the bright idea of bonding in a 3rd brake light to fill the gap. (relay comes in useful so the Autocheck system doesn't go nuts with the voltage drop). Red lights on a red coupe look a bit bland to me so a few coats of black tint and laquer finished the job . Anyway less of my rambling especially on my first post, here's a picture for ya
                        Attached Files
                        30v 80 Cabriolet - FOR SALE!

Comment

That looks good

so you used the coupe red reflector surround as the recessed number plate holder? I like that.

Have you got any close up pics of your third light and how much modifying did it take to get the RS2 part to fit - I have been told it is a different size and would need modified a lot to fit

And - what tint and laquear did you use? I might do mine all red - if I could get a good finish on it.

Comment

Here's another pic, this time the front with the RS2 bumper and my home made RS2 grill - cut the slats out, sanded the chrome off, filled with a bit of 'glass and filler and painted satin black with some stainless grill bonded to the back and finally the rings and quattro fixed back on
                            Attached Files

Comment

The RS2 reflector panel is not the same depth as the coupe rear lights unfortunately and the gaps at the sides are there ( no gaps on the RS2 lights). I added some panels to the sides of the panel to tidy things up but as you could see around the back of the panel otherwise. As a coupe owner the gaps are something I think you gotta live with . Abt did sell a rear panel although non reflective as part or separate with their C5?? widebody kit but I think it's no longer in production.

I bought an off-the-shelf 3rd brake light kit and bonded it in the gap and wired it up to the left rear light panel with a relay. Sorry no closeup snaps.

I bought some light tint spray from some auto supplier shop in their go-faster section the nearest I could find to the Foliotec stuff. The finish came out a bit matt so I applied a few coats of clear laquer to give the finish a gloss look.

Comment

Working...
                              X