side glass window removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side glass window removal

I need to remove the glass of the rear luggage area in preparations for painting and was wondering. Are these held in place by the rubber gasket or are they glued in place?

i have a feeling these are glued/bonded in and a nightmare to get out in one piece, however happy to be confirmed otherwise.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I'm pretty sure these are bonded in too. I know a member said that these had to be left in when the car was repainted. IIRC they used something to hold the rubber seal out, so they could paint behind them.
      SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
        I'm pretty sure these are bonded in too. I know a member said that these had to be left in when the car was repainted. IIRC they used something to hold the rubber seal out, so they could paint behind them.
        I had a feeling that "bonded" would be the answer. I don't want to break them so I'll be leaving that job to the paint shop folks.

I've placed a string of cord between the rubber and body before to hold them apart during painting, but this time I'm stripping everything down.

Comment

Working...
        X