No announcement yet.

Fitting OEM RS2 Bumper to Audi 80...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you have an audi 80, you need s2/coupe brackets.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      page not responding do you have the item no?

Been here before, Mr Az had a punt, post 8.>>>http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28063
      sigpic

Comment

Yep thats the one, after putting a bid on it I took a look back here to see if there were any new posts... Jonas had said he recommended getting the Rieger and after seeing his photos I agreed, but by that time it was too late and I was praying that someone would bid... D'oh!

Audi quoted me £940 +VAT, second hand ones that were on the net were in the region of £500...

It is an OEM bumper and not fibre glass...

The damaged parts are minor and are easily fabricated/repairable, the missing bits for fixing to the splash shield/pan can be cannibalised from the old 80 bumper...

Some one spent some money having a new bumper ( It's only been painted the once... ) But had it painted by someone who would have been better suited wearing a stetson and a colt than a pair of painters overalls, as he left the basecoat too long before lacquering, hence the lacquer peel... A good sand down and proper paint prep will see it as good as new again!

So, could be better but its not something that can't be put right...

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
          So if you have an audi 80, you need s2/coupe brackets.
          I would prefer to alter the bumper to accept the 80 fixings, but in the end I will do whatever's the easiest...
          Last edited by MrBlueSky1960; 18 March 2008, 23:16.

Comment

The correct brackets (S2 and RS2 are the same) aren't a lot from a dealers or www.vagparts.co.uk. Probably looking at £25 - £30 tops.
            The brackets on the 80 bumper are HUGELY different and I doubt you'll be able to use them. Far easier to get the real deal.
            Bry's right too, you have one mounting box section completely missing from the nearside.

What you need (number 2 through to number 6). Click the pic for a larger image.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBlueSky1960 View Post
              I would prefer to alter the bumper to accept the 80 fixings, but in the end I will do whatever's the easiest...
              alter an original rs2 bumpa? u musta be kiddin`...
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                The correct brackets (S2 and RS2 are the same) aren't a lot from a dealers or www.vagparts.co.uk. Probably looking at £25 - £30 tops.
                The brackets on the 80 bumper are HUGELY different and I doubt you'll be able to use them. Far easier to get the real deal.
                Bry's right too, you have one mounting box section completely missing from the nearside.

What you need (number 2 through to number 6). Click the pic for a larger image.

Hi Jas, so after I get the brackets and bolt the retainer brackets (illustrated No.2) to my 80 the bumper will fit straight on...

Comment

yes
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Yup.
                    Number 2 bolts to the bodywork, the bumper is offered up and number 2 slots into the boxed section you can see between the fog and indicator cutout on your picture above, then number 5 is placed over the side and a bolt passed through to the captive nut on number 2.
                    Last edited by Jas11n; 19 March 2008, 14:43.
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

eh...

...for 6 read 2...
                      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                        ...for 6 read 2...
                        I'd just got up man. Shifts mess with your head.
                        Corrected post
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Right ordered the brackets etc from Bristol TPS and got them next day £28 all in… Thanks to Jas ( The drawing and part numbers saved a lot of faffing ) Skull and everyone else.

Best regards

MrBlueSky

Oh and I had noticed the missing bits...

Comment

Working...
                          X