RS2 Tow Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mundo View Post
    So in an attempt to actually get a tow bar for the car.......I'm thinking of buying the removable swan neck kit from westfalia. However its made for the Quattro Avant and not the RS2....but surely it will fit!!??? its the same car right?

Can anyone post a pic of the underside rear of an S2 Avant or Quattro Avant so I can compare, I feel this is the only way of confirming.

anyone agree or disagree?.?.

Simon
    It will be close, I have one from an S2 avant, looks like it should fit. The proper RS2 one is a different part number, could just be the addition of the power limiter?
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I design towbars for a living and work at the uk's biggest manufacturer. Looking at making a detachable towbar for my coupe. Would be top quality. Could probably make once for RS2 and S2 estates too if there is interest. If anyone has one that can be removed I could dimension it up properly. They would be completely invisible when removed from the car

Comment

Much higher quality than westfalia towbars no angle iron lol.

Comment

Would love one, have a towbar I made up from a fixed bar and a removable hitch from a Peugeot(?) It works, but definitely DIY.

Can get dimensions, but need the bar fitted as tow quite a bit.

Comment

I fit towbars for over 20 years before I designed them. I work for Tow-Trust Towbars so you can easily check out my work at our latest releases

Comment

I have a fixed bar on my coupe already so just need to take that off and measure it up

Comment

I could fit it all for you too if needed

Comment

We make a few secret bars too. We make the only split screen campervan detachables you can get you can't even tell they are fitted to them

Comment

If anyone has a genuine towbar they can part with temporarily I could replicate it. Not sure on costs would have to price it up once designed

Comment

Working...
                    X