I Don't F*****G Believe it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't F*****G Believe it!!!!

One of my stupid Fukcw1t neighbours has just reversed into my car!

It is one of the only days I have left it in the close. Normally it is safely tucked away in the garage.

Anyway, he has managed to write off the rear bumper and not even left a scratch on his ***** Rover 214. The only good thing is he managed to miss the bodywork.

The most annoying thing was he was hardly even apologetic. Just went inside for his insurance docs and said " Sorry about that ". W4nker.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in the Berks / Oxfordshire area that I can trust with my now not quite so mint S2

Thanks

A very ****** off Fat Audi 80....
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

The insurance company may want to take your car for repair and do it themselves. This may solve your problem or make one!. You could ask for an Audi Garage to repair the car if you can prove a history of dealer only repair.

I don't know anyone down there I'm afraid.

David

Comment

**** burgers

Can't offer any advice only sympathy Some people are just plain f**cking dumb and don't care about anyone else but themselves!

Hope it gets sorted OK.
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Jeez, I was more apologetic to the guy who's Fiesta I hit the back of, depsite his little Ford being a £200 beater - he didn't mind at all! I know how you feel, it so annoys me to find dents on any car I own, but Kitty picked up dents on both doors and I can only assume careless people parked next to me (or maybe a cyclist with poor pedal control in one case). Some people don't give a stuff, like the woman who clashed mirrors with me years ago in my oldest 80 - she smashed mine but showed zero respect (I hope hers cost more to fix than mine!)

Yep, some insurers will want to take the car where they approve.

With Dr H on this, just hope you get it sorted.

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Well the car will be going exactly where I tell them. It was HIS fault and I WILL have MY car repaired at the garage of MY choice! I have legal protection on insurance and the solicitors will be phoning me today to start the negotiations.....

I will let you know what happens.

I have just about calmed down now, but it has tarnished my otherwise nice weekend.

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I hope you get it sorted ok,typical the one time you park it outside it gets hit.

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
            I know how you feel, it so annoys me to find dents on any car I own, but Kitty picked up dents on both doors and I can only assume careless people parked next to me (or maybe a cyclist with poor pedal control in one case).
            __MDC__
            As for dents on doors im very wary of parking next to people in big car parks,as most people,just swing there doors out and dont even notice they've hit,as to them its just a tool,unfortunately not everyone shares our penchant for cars,especially those in say a Tesco's car park.
            Rob W
            04 Audi S4 Avant
            55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
            92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
            1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

When I park mine in Tesco's I go for the far end of the car park and take up two spaces by straddling the line. Its not against the law to use two car parking spaces for a mint car is it???
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                When I park mine in Tesco's I go for the far end of the car park and take up two spaces by straddling the line. Its not against the law to use two car parking spaces for a mint car is it???

LOL i do the same
                Rob W
                04 Audi S4 Avant
                55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Sorry to hear about your run in ....

but here in the States, it's come place to hear..."Oh I hit your Audi, then you must be quite wealthy, then you can afford to get it fixed with out bothering my insurance company." And then when they don't produce proof of insurance
                  and you call the police, they go ballistic and start cursing you saying.." well if you treasure your German car so much, leave it in a garage and use a bicycle if you are going to be so sensitive to it being touched"!
                  Life in the USA!!
                  BTW how much damage did your rear bumper sustain? Is it totalled?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about straddling two spaces! Failing that I make sure I have child seat in car even if child not with me and head for parent spot as those spaces are a lot wider! And closer to the door!!!
                    Had my Avant ding'd a few months back
                    Woman who works next door to my work drove into my aluminium wing and gave it real nice crease! I didn't know about it until a couple of days later when I was cleaning my car and hen I got back to work I searched every car in the car park and hers had my paint on her bumper! I waited until lunch and collared her and she apologised and said if she had known she had done it she would have cleaned it off!!!!
                    You would have thought she would have seen my A6 Avant rock as she drove into it!! Anyway, ther is a bodyshop in village and they did a magnificent job of repair and paint match! She coughed up the readies and you can't tell it's been done! I was really ed off but the end result was
                    Anyway.... Fat Audi 80 I hope yours get sorted to your satisfaction as I am sure it will!!! Good Luck M8
                    Chris
                    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Sorry to hear this Fat Audi 80, the old coot that lives opposite my ma and pa did this to my car a couple of weeks back, big dent in my door, tiny nick on his ford orion bumper. He came over to me all smiley and chuckled "My foot must've slipped off the clutch" "Lucky you hit my car and not some small child then huh?" His smile disappeared.

I'm sure yours will get sorted no problem frustrating though isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                        but here in the States, it's come place to hear..."Oh I hit your Audi, then you must be quite wealthy, then you can afford to get it fixed with out bothering my insurance company." And then when they don't produce proof of insurance
                        and you call the police, they go ballistic and start cursing you saying.." well if you treasure your German car so much, leave it in a garage and use a bicycle if you are going to be so sensitive to it being touched"!
                        Life in the USA!!
                        BTW how much damage did your rear bumper sustain? Is it totalled?

Mine cost £1460 to fix.... .
                        Coupe

Comment

Hi
                          sorry to hear about it you should try leaving the bumper and hitting it a bit more slowly turning it into a shed then you wont care when some sod wacks it,

On a more serious note dont assume Audi bodyshops are the best, i have seen some of their past jobs and i could have done a petter job with a paint roller, not to say all are bad

Comment

Steve

sorry to hear about your car

you are a man after my own heart though with the parking, it is your duty to take up 2 spaces

Paul
                            S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Originally posted by CHEN
                              Hi
                              sorry to hear about it you should try leaving the bumper and hitting it a bit more slowly turning it into a shed then you wont care when some sod wacks it,

On a more serious note dont assume Audi bodyshops are the best, i have seen some of their past jobs and i could have done a petter job with a paint roller, not to say all are bad
                              The work has been completed by Ridgeway Volkswagen in Wantage and I must commend them on an excellent job well done. There is no way you could tell it has had a new bumper and paint. They had the car for three days and it came back looking as good as new

Also while I am here I will highly recommend Adrian Flux / Sterling Insurance. When I reported the incident they put my in touch with their non fault accident service "Help Hire" who arranged absolutely everything including a hire to be at the garage when I left my car there. It has been absolutely painless.

Steve.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X