fogs'n'indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fogs'n'indicators

Forgive me if this has been brought up before,but yesterday i saw a convertable coupe on a T plate(did they make em that late)but what i noticed about it was that the fogs and indicators looked very much like the type off the RS2(993 porsche),even though the front bumper et al looked totally stock anyone here that can clear this up?
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Yeah, I'm 90% sure these are the same indicators and fogs as an RS2 and Porsche 993

Comment

If this is true i dont suppose anyone has the Audi part Nos? Paul Martyn can you shed any light on this or even prices?
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant
      55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
      92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
      1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

They don't have the same part numbers as RS2 ones. I checked it a few weeks back at work when I saw A 'W' plate cabrio. The bumper is very similar in style to the RS2 one without the bulge in the middle. Whether they could be fitted in place of RS2 lamps I don't know, although the prices are not a lot less anyway.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Last "B4" cabrios had the lights you're talking about. Both fogs and indicators are interchangeable with rs2 units despite of the different part numbers.
          Cabrio fogs: 8G0 941 699 (and 700) around 200€ each, indicators 8G0 953 049 (and 50) around 50€ each.
          RS2: fog 8A0 941 699 D (and 700 D), ind 8A0 953 049 D (and 50D)

So actually the part numbers are the same, only body type part (first three) and revision (D) differs.

-

Comment

Looking for RS2 indicators?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14763

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=44307

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=44307

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14763

Lots for sale and all cheap so far.........

HTH

Leigh
            Last edited by Dr H; 26 August 2003, 16:52.
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

they are only £15.11+vat from us, brand new!! I was watching an A4 part recently on e-bay that was interesting... in the end it sold for £350, you could buy a new one from a dealer for less than £300!

There's a moral there some where
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

The first moral is I don't have a clue how much RS2 indicators are , I guess it is the fogs that are expensive!

You are right about e-bay, people get carried away and end up bidding too much, great if you are the seller though

My tactic is to decide my top price and if it hasn't hit that in the last 60 secs put my bid in. You either win or lose and don't end up getting caught up in the bidding frenzy :wacked:. I did this once and beat a guy by $0.01 on something I bought from the States. The other (loosing) bidder emailed me with abuse about what a git I was for beating him by 1 cent I told him to chill and pointed out that that was what auctions were all about.

Ho hum...........

Leigh
                Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

I bet he was steaming Leigh!! nice touch! ;-))
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Hi Martyn, apologies if I've got the wrong impression here...

Can you get parts? if so then I'm after a n/s front fog for my S2.

Cheers,
                    Nick R
                    Nick R
                    ---------------------------
                    91 3B, 161k, Blue, Milltek.
                    Still a supercar ;-)

Comment

HI Nick,

yup most certainly can, see www.vagparts.com, that's my baby :-). I was going to say earlier, but I think you need one VERY fast for an MOT this week don't you? my next order arrives this Saturday which will be too late won't it?

here's a tip that will save you a lot! you CAN get just the front glass which comes with the body of the fog, all you don't get is the actual light 'the projector', you transfer the light from your old fog to the new fog.

A whole fog from an Audi dealer is £86+vat, if you ask for the glass and main body, they are about £36+vat. When you order the glass and body, you must also order a fixing kit which is part number 893 998 135 (£4.30+vat) as you cannot re-use the fixings in the fog. Doing it this way its about half the price of a complete new foglamp.

The glass and body with the fixing kit is pretty easy to change, I've done one myself, pretty simple stuff. If you need these parts yesterday, then you have to order them from a dealer, they can get them next day for you.

You will be asked for your chassis number on a 92 S2 though, so have that to hand.

Hope this helps Nick? if you had a little more time, I could of done this for you, but MOT this week is a little to short in time for me.

Martyn
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

You're bang on with the prices - my local dealer wanted £101 for the unit, though he did note on ETKA that there was an option without the projector etc, and thats what I thought the price was for.

I queried the MOT issue with the guy, and he then rushed off to ask an MOT tester and apparently it wont affect the re-test!

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Thanks
                        Nick
                        Nick R
                        ---------------------------
                        91 3B, 161k, Blue, Milltek.
                        Still a supercar ;-)

Comment

:-)) no problem Nick! catch you tomorrow.

Martyn
                          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Just a thought but here in Finland we're able to remove fogs completely. The thing is that all the fitted lights must work but if you remove the broken fog and also the other side there shouldn't be a problem. Dunno about UK MOT about this..
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X