Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper!

Morning again guys,

Fixed it so it works now, was the contacts ont he stalk that were not quite touching. SOOOOOO now the bleeding thing works it dos not clear the screen. Touches the bottom om the screen both sides but that is it.

Is it just a replacemnt spring that is needed to pull it down on the screen or a complete new arm.I have replaced the blade so I know that that is not the issue.

If it is what spring do I need and where can I get one???

Cheers

Az
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

I had the same issue, but after applying some normal 3-1 oil and giving it a wiggle - job done!

Comment

Might give it a blast of WD then to see if that works in the first place. Erm where to apply the clamping point at the bottom of the arm or the spring clips themselves??

Cheers
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Problem I have is it wipes the bottom of where the blade connects to the window but not the top

Comment

Best thing you can do is bin it and buy the rear aero one instead from a golf. I had the same problem and changing it fixed it. Do the fronts at the same time well worth it. A massive improvement.

I bought the right hand drive Avant Aero kit from VAG Parts the week before they stopped trading

6X2 955 409 C front arm
          6X2 955 409 C front arm
          6Q6 955 707 C rear arm
          6Q6 955 425 A rear wiper blade
          1J2 955 425 B front wiper blade

They're all from VW GOLF acording to Martin an VAG Parts

Also the divers arm needs to be bent to stop it touching the windscreen trim

Comment

Originally posted by epic View Post
            Best thing you can do is bin it and buy the rear aero one instead from a golf. I had the same problem and changing it fixed it. Do the fronts at the same time well worth it. A massive improvement.

I bought the right hand drive Avant Aero kit from VAG Parts the week before they stopped trading

6X2 955 409 C front arm
            6X2 955 409 C front arm
            6Q6 955 707 C rear arm
            6Q6 955 425 A rear wiper blade

They're all from VW GOLF acording to Martin an VAG Parts

Also the divers arm needs to be bent to stop it touching the windscreen trim

Hmm... thanks for the info its maybe time to spend some more money.

Comment

can vouch for the arm bend one of the coupes made a horrible noise when the wipers were on till I saw that it was eating away at the metal trim round the bottom of the screen (that was aero wipers).
              Dark Grey Avant
              RS2 FARB
              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Hey

You said your rear wiper didnt work until you played with the back of the stalk. Mine also doesnt work and was wondering if i have to dismantle bits off my steering column to get to the connectors to make sure they work properly. The rear wiper seems intermittent on my car so I would like to fix it so it works properly.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Yup need to dismantle the cowl take the steering wheel off and then the stalk pod too. Dismantle the right hand side and slightly bend the connectors (and I mean slightly) to ensure a connection. Put all back together.

Cheers
                  Dark Grey Avant
                  RS2 FARB
                  Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Damn. Ok cheers. May wait until my other car is finished being built befor i mess with my daily! I guess its the joys of having a toy or two that can be used as dailys.

Was hoping it would only be a quick ish job to do as it would be nice to see out of my rear window befor i went away in a weeks time

Comment

Only took my 30 mins to do bud.
                      Dark Grey Avant
                      RS2 FARB
                      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

chuck it all in the bin..

Comment

Right done the 3in1 thing and still no joy. the arm moves about nicely but it still does not get all of the screen, just doesnt get the bit in the middle that you see through. So new stronger spring possibly or is it a weaker spring that would be needed????
                          Dark Grey Avant
                          RS2 FARB
                          Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

I think if you have nice movement in the spring/ movement, it may just need a replacement blade as the existing may be warped? I had it on my A4, it was happen sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
                              Right done the 3in1 thing and still no joy. the arm moves about nicely but it still does not get all of the screen, just doesnt get the bit in the middle that you see through. So new stronger spring possibly or is it a weaker spring that would be needed????
                              Get the wiper to stop at the vertical ( turn ignition off at that point) you will now see you have a aftermarket wiper blade fitted and it touches the arm. Chuck it and get an Audi one.

Been here done this!!!!
                              Rob..
                              94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                              87 UR 20v ABY
                              97 S6 Avant
                              96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                              1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
                              X