RS2 or cabrio bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 or cabrio bumper

Can anyone tell how much is the RS2 front bumper lower than the original S2 bumper? Is the RS2 bumper a straight exchange for the original? And finally, are you shure that the beautyful front bumper of the late cabrio (say 2000) won't accept the S2 intercooler? Actually its not these bumpers I like but the fine rounded contour of the light elements in it. I'd like to have one. And then, if we change the S2 IC for the RS2, what else would be needed instantly to be changed? huhhhhh
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Originally posted by horvathg
    Can anyone tell how much is the RS2 front bumper lower than the original S2 bumper? Is the RS2 bumper a straight exchange for the original? And finally, are you shure that the beautyful front bumper of the late cabrio (say 2000) won't accept the S2 intercooler? Actually its not these bumpers I like but the fine rounded contour of the light elements in it. I'd like to have one. And then, if we change the S2 IC for the RS2, what else would be needed instantly to be changed? huhhhhh
    c'mon guys, you've already don this. I can see that on your car pics....
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

c'mon guys, you've already don this. I can see that on your car pics....
      Answer?
      Gabor

Comment

Answer?
        Lee or Doug may know.

I don't know, I would have thought they were the same but I think the bumper comes further forward to clear the bigger intercooler.

David

Comment

Agreed with Stick Insect.

He's on the mark with his answer.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
            He's on the mark with his answer.
            Thanks Panzerwagen, It's nice to know I'm right now and again!

I'd never convince any ladies that though!

David

Comment

Stick with the original, it suits the car better and is more aggressive than the RS2 version IMHO....

Cheers.

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I can not comment on the cabrio bumper - I don't know if it fits over the S2 or RS2 IC.

The S2 bumper fits over the RS2 IC no problems - Not really noticed if the S2 or RS2 is deeper or lower.

You need an RS2 crossmember or modification to your current crossmember to get the RS2 IC to fit - the oil cooler ducting needs a small cut out as well.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                  I can not comment on the cabrio bumper - I don't know if it fits over the S2 or RS2 IC.

The S2 bumper fits over the RS2 IC no problems - Not really noticed if the S2 or RS2 is deeper or lower.

You need an RS2 crossmember or modification to your current crossmember to get the RS2 IC to fit - the oil cooler ducting needs a small cut out as well.
                  Thanks guys. This is the cheapest version.
                  Gabor

Comment

Working...
                  X