removing exterior trim - S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing exterior trim - S2 Avant

Im trying to remove all the trim from the exterior of the avant im breaking, anyone any tips/hints on the best way to do it to avoid damaging any of it, the parts im removing are;

the trims at the base of the doors
    the trims on the rear quaters and front wings
    the sill covers

Ive removed as many clips as i can see for the sill covers, but am reluctant to yank them as the fella thats bought them im sure doesnt want any of it broken....

any help, pics etc would be appreciated.

Door trims knock them back and forth with a small hammer they slide off

if you've taken the top cover off the sill trims to see the clips/screws underneath remove them, underneath is some more clips and there is screws/rivits at the front/back of the sill trims and its double sided taped down. i'll find a piccy in a mo

Comment

any use?

Comment

excellent, thats perfect thanks fella

Comment

No worries just remember the top cover that goes over the top screws etc is NLA and very fragile.

the clips that sit in the sill can be removed easily with a flat screw driver and are surprisingly still available from audi, the big clips underneath also are fragile but I think they are still available.

the trim that sits on the wings and rear quarter is NLA now

The main plastic is held on with double sided tape on the top of the sill if you remove everything so you can flex it from underneath it might make it easier, should not be too hard just time consuming

good luck and any problems give me a shout.

Comment

damnit.....

removing the door trims was a doddle, and the wing trims and the rear quater trims, no problem, but how the dikkens do i get the sill foils off that are over the top of the sill trims?!!??

how are they attached? tips really appreciated on this, need to get them off asap as they are pretty much the last thing on the shell now and i need to get it out of the garage asap...

Comment

Any chance you can sell me the clips for the sill covers, part number 40 in the photo. Think there is eight of them.

Cheers,

Mark.
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                Any chance you can sell me the clips for the sill covers, part number 40 in the photo. Think there is eight of them.

Cheers,

Mark.
                Still available from audi last time I checked.

Originally posted by avants2turbo View Post
                damnit.....

removing the door trims was a doddle, and the wing trims and the rear quater trims, no problem, but how the dikkens do i get the sill foils off that are over the top of the sill trims?!!??

how are they attached? tips really appreciated on this, need to get them off asap as they are pretty much the last thing on the shell now and i need to get it out of the garage asap...
                try some cheese wire and run it from the front top to bottom, afaik from what I saw of mine, held on with double sided tape.

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post

Cheers,

Mark.
                  Sorry mate, already sold the lot...

Comment

Working...
                  X