Angle grinder particle removal-help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle grinder particle removal-help

Help needed from the paintwork/detailing gurus please.
    Been doing some serious bodywork repairs on the old coupe gt(epic mot failure),which involed alot of welding and grinding,stupidly forgot to wash off all the grinder particles off the paintwork.Now with the following mornings dew the little blighters are stuck on like cat pooh
    Basically have tried various methods to remove them with very slow success.I remember there is someone on the forum who used a wash that dissolved small rust particles like this but cannot remember what is was.
    Any top tips would be greatly appreciated before they get worse.
    Thanks
    Rob
    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

A clay bar might help remove them.

Comment

Rob i have clay so pop on down and we will give it a gentle well lubricated rub and see what happens
      S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Rob,

A mop and some G3 compound + it will take out any other minor blemishes too..

Comment

nothing will shift it if its burnt into the paintworkl
          94 s2 avant
          aoc member 1116

Comment

I would suggest a clay bar first, then some G3 or equivalent if the clay doesn't work...

Sometimes they won't come out though.

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

AUTOGLYM make a fall out remover which apparently disolves small metal
              particles also try some 1500\2000 grade wet and dry then proceed with a
              cutting compound .
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy View Post
                AUTOGLYM make a fall out remover which apparently disolves small metal
                particles also try some 1500\2000 grade wet and dry then proceed with a
                cutting compound .
                That's actually the way I proceeded.I very gently wet sanded the bonnet with 2000 grade wet and dry with good results,will need a good going over with a cutting compound and a polish thereafter.Problem is the ol' girls paintwork is getting a bit thin in places,she is getting on for 21yrs now.The next stage will have to be a resprayThe paint won't take too much more of this.

Must buy a polisher in the future to save on buying industrial tubs of elbow grease.
                Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

You shouldnt need a really aggressive compound to remove 2000 grit marks
                  but you are better with a machine for better results .
                  sigpic

Comment

Bertie pop on down theres a G220 ready to go
                    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Working...
                    X