RS2 replica bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 replica bumper

Hi, im after a front bumper for my s2, not a huge problem to find one, but ive come across this little number for half the price and twice the looks.

Does any one have any experience with replica bits of this sort or any advice.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-B4-FRONT-...ht_1415wt_1165

theyre rubbish in all honesty.
    if youre going to get an rs2 rep get a reiger one. do a search on here for more details
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Take a look at this though first before seeking out UK suppliers.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

This is the Reiger one

Comment

^^^^ thats not the bumper i meant. thats an rs4 style bumper. The rs2 rep is just that, a near exact replica aesthetically for the oe item
          Gav
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Ive read another story where these replica bits dont fit exactly and some major "adjustment" is required, thats what i dont need. Any pointers of anything similar.

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
              This is the Reiger one

thats wrong
              94 s2 avant
              aoc member 1116

Comment

So for the reiger bumpers, are there any uk stockists? For the difference in price im thinking the ebay 1s might be worth a little headache?? My biggest concern is reading about these replica bumpers and people are saying they have used porsche fogs cuz the audi dont fit?

Should i just stick to a stock s2 bumper??

Comment

the rs2 uses porsche indicators from the factory. They also fitted them to late spec final edition cabriolets. Have a look at the front of an rs2 and check out the indicators/fogs.
                  Unless you specifically want an rs2 bumper id say just get an s2 one
                  HTH
                  Gav
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

http://www.tuning.co.uk/vm/index.php...mart&Itemid=26

here you go. Not sure if this is where GT500 (rob) bought his from but its where i bought mine last year. Ill probably be buying another in the next few weeks for my cab
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Rs2 BUMPER

Originally posted by s2elite View Post
                      So for the reiger bumpers, are there any uk stockists? For the difference in price im thinking the ebay 1s might be worth a little headache?? My biggest concern is reading about these replica bumpers and people are saying they have used porsche fogs cuz the audi dont fit?

Should i just stick to a stock s2 bumper??
                      the one you see on ebay is not perfect but if your prepare to fiddle about with it then i recommend it.the good thing about this RS2 style cabrio bumper is that you don't have to buy a new fog's or indicator's,instead you can use your S2 one's.but i had to cut a little because the light would'nt fit.take a look at my one,all ready to fit
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by david; 5 September 2009, 00:16.
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                        http://www.tuning.co.uk/vm/index.php...mart&Itemid=26

here you go. Not sure if this is where GT500 (rob) bought his from but its where i bought mine last year. Ill probably be buying another in the next few weeks for my cab
                        any messing about to get it to fit or a straight swap??
                        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Anyone know where to find a Reiger front cover with louvered sides?
                          Like the one pictured above?
                          Preferably in the USA.
                          Thanks.
                          Steve.

Comment

Yes thats were I got BigLees from. Good company.

Very easy to fit with no trimming just made my own mountings.
                            Proper abs not useless grp!
                            Rob..
                            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                            87 UR 20v ABY
                            97 S6 Avant
                            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

brilliant bumper like GT500 said it's made of ABS plastic so it doesn't flex like fibreglass. The only way you can tell mines not an original RS2 bumper is cause I don't have the RS2 washer jets for the headlights. Here's a picture of mine. Looks good if I do say so myself

Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Working...
                              X