X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon front wings

any idea if those will ever be made ?

to rebalance the weight , it should be into production

did a search here in the site, nothing found, i know hood is available.

found only this with google for A4 hood :

http://www.body-kitz.com/index1.html
    S2 's and oldtimers

You can get GFRP ones from Germany. I think they're on Ebay.de , no idea on quality.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

yep, found them, anybody knows about this company and their products quality ?

http://cgi.ebay.de/2x-Kotfluegel-GFK...d=p3286.c0.m14
      S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

I have dealt with them a few times and was originally trying to sort out a group buy for wings for both coupe and avant.

Hes a very helpful chap but i don't know what the quality of his products is like.
        91 S2 coupé - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

i would buy both hood and front bumper in carbon before i would touch the wings, cause the OEM ones are not that heavy, my new (wide) GF fenders are probably heavier (approx, have not put them on an scale thoguh) than OEM steel

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

I don't think there will be much of a weight saving for the money, but there are plenty people who might be able to make some for you

A guy I know with too much cash who races GT Cup has lots of parts made by these guys :http://www.panthercomposites.com/motorsport/index.asp
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i am thinking of making my Front bumper in CF after i have it remade for my fenders, and attatch it with dzus locks, real weight saving there..

Comment

okay, my GF wings are about the halg weight of a OEM wing, but the front bumper is heavy as hell, so that is an better option to change..

Comment

Psst....On the DL...CHECK THESE OUT !

http://www.acm-ab.se/

http://www.vpm.se/ramar.html

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                    i would buy both hood and front bumper in carbon before i would touch the wings, cause the OEM ones are not that heavy, my new (wide) GF fenders are probably heavier (approx, have not put them on an scale thoguh) than OEM steel
                    ok, except for hood and bumper, any suggestions how to loose wheight at the front ?

and how much can we reduce with hood and bumper carbon, 10-15 kg ?

knowing that on LHD, battery is already under rear seats.

any aluminium subframes made ?
                    S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
                      ok, except for hood and bumper, any suggestions how to loose wheight at the front ?

and how much can we reduce with hood and bumper carbon, 10-15 kg ?

knowing that on LHD, battery is already under rear seats.

any aluminium subframes made ?
                      OEM hood is 20kh CF from acm-ab is 4,5 ang GF from vpm.se is 6kg =15,5kg with cf

Ac system have i removed, that is alot of weight, 20kg approx..
                      frontbumper is approx 15kg´s OEM (rs2) there you can save 10kg´s

i am going to replace the Generator with an lighter item (and smaller) (and new mounting for this) that is maybe 3kg less,

Edit: subframe is fairly light so i would not change that...

Comment

sport quattro used an alloy block - that would be a decent weight saving but not as robust as the stock pig iron lump
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          sport quattro used an alloy block - that would be a decent weight saving but not as robust as the stock pig iron lump

yeah, and cheap... :corey:

Comment

this is a thread about custom carbon parts FFS, I thought cost was not important
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

TTRS transplant? Its got to be a good bit lighter! Would need turning round though to be longitudinal...

Le Mans 2012
                              Nurburgring 700
                              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X