New Avant Tailgate Window Seal! RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Avant Tailgate Window Seal! RS2

The paintshop said that the Tailgate seal was not availible separetley, so the left the old seal out and put the rear window in without it as it was damaged on removal. Ther is a horrid gap, so I guess I have to buy a complete new tailgate seal and window now? Is this right? Audi say its a complete part only? Please help.

Originally posted by UUUdirs2newcastle View Post
    The paintshop said that the Tailgate seal was not availible separetley, so the left the old seal out and put the rear window in without it as it was damaged on removal. Ther is a horrid gap, so I guess I have to buy a complete new tailgate seal and window now? Is this right? Audi say its a complete part only? Please help.
    I fitted a new glass a while a go. It came with the edging strip.

Don't know if its available separate...

Probly not know the sods!
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I had this when I had the tailgate repainted. Ended up taking a hammer to the glass so a new one via autoglass with the seal was needed:mischeif:

Comment

So the tailgate came with the rubber seal, metal black edging, and black metal corner trims? I am going to order a complete new one if thats the case! Oh dam.....this respray is getting very expensive!

Comment

So does the seal come with the Metal trims?

Comment

yes!
            Rob..
            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant
            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

The black metal trim strips and corner pieces are available separate from the glass. Below are you part numbers. You might need to add an "01C" suffix for the color code.

8A9 845 521 A left trim strip
              8A9 845 522 A right trim strip
              8A9 845 521 B upper trim strip
              8A9 845 511 left upper corner piece
              8A9 845 512 right upper corner piece
              4A9 853 367 B lower middle piece

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X