S6 avant roof spoiler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 avant roof spoiler question

Hi - I'm hoping that somebody out there will know the answer to this one, although it's a bit of a long shot

I have an early S6 avant (1995) and have recently acquired the roof spoiler from a 97 avant. Is there any way I can get it to fit? The spoiler has a bolt on the underside at each end, but (obviously) there are no holes on car to mount these on. Even if drilled a couple of holes I can't see anyway of getting the nuts onto the bolts.

Did the design of the top of the boot lid change on later S6 avant models?

cheers,
    Tom

Originally posted by urS6Tom View Post
    Hi - I'm hoping that somebody out there will know the answer to this one, although it's a bit of a long shot

I have an early S6 avant (1995) and have recently acquired the roof spoiler from a 97 avant. Is there any way I can get it to fit? The spoiler has a bolt on the underside at each end, but (obviously) there are no holes on car to mount these on. Even if drilled a couple of holes I can't see anyway of getting the nuts onto the bolts.

Did the design of the top of the boot lid change on later S6 avant models?

cheers,
    Tom
    hi tom, I still have the tailgate it came off , will take some pictures of the mounting points for you.

Andy.
    ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2spike View Post
      hi tom, I still have the tailgate it came off , will take some pictures of the mounting points for you.

Andy.
      That'd be great - thanks!

I thought you'd got rid of everything from that S6?

Comment

That'd be great - thanks!

I thought you'd got rid of everything from that S6?
        didnt re advertise what was left, got sidetracked getting the s2 on the road
        ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Tom
          This *might* help:
          Attached Files
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The later cars have a completly different top section meaning that it isn't a simple swap,I tried doing the same thing.The top piece on the earlier tailgate isn't removable at all.

Comment

thanks guys. that's a shame...

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                The later cars have a completly different top section meaning that it isn't a simple swap,I tried doing the same thing.The top piece on the earlier tailgate isn't removable at all.
                it was a 96 car the spoiler was off, is it a case off the tailgate with spoiler fitted is not the same as one without?
                ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2spike View Post
                  it was a 96 car the spoiler was off, is it a case off the tailgate with spoiler fitted is not the same as one without?
                  Yes! You need the tailgate as well as the spoiler.
                  '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

My new plan is to cut the bolts off and bond the spoiler to the top of the boot.

Now, does this sound like a good idea?

Is there anything strong enough that will bond plastic to metal without the thing flying off at 150mph down the straight of a track somewhere?

All advice thankfully received!

Comment

Personally I'd wait till there is another tailgate that comes up as I've just looked at how mine is fitted and it wont sit nice if it were bonded onto a stock tail.
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I don't think bonding is an issue with the right adhesive but it will look rubbish as the spoiler doesn't sit right on the standard tailgate.
                        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

just found the pics of the old tailgate, its not the same shape as a non spoiler'd one.
                          20102009156.jpg 20102009158.jpg
                          ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X