Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking S2 Avant

Any of you guys have experience of the following:-

My S2 Avant blew up it's Central Locking unit recently due to water ingress into the rear compartment where it's located.

When the car is sitting in the drive front in, the nose is sitting higher than the rear and after heavy rain, water is sometime coming in the sunroof and you can hear it "sloshing" about in the roof. I assume it is this water that is running along the roof sections and into the rear compartment.

I've checked the drain channels direct from the Sunroof and they are clear. This is sort of validated when I park the car the other way round and no water gets in.

Is there any other drain channels in the car that could be blocked?
    95 S2 Avant Ming Blue - now gone and sorley missed:cry:
    2001 B5 RS4 Santorin Blue - MRC'd - now here:chit:
    88 Ur MB Quattro -Pearl White - The daddy!:cool:

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

i have the same problem with my coupe! after rain brake hard for the first time and i get a lap full of water! nice!
    haven't looked at it yet. hope i can sort it before the normal british weather comes back!
    Simon.
    S.P.S. TUNING
    '93 ABY S2.... sold
    me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Been there done that. =) And i know what the problem is to! Check the rubber 'trim' (not sure about that word) around the sunroof. I BET that you have a little glitch where the two ends of it meets ut... Right? You could use some of the black sticky stuff one have between the rear lights and the body of the car to seal the glitch. You might have to buy a new rubber 'trim' if it seems verry weather-beaten. Verry common problem.

the water master from sweden.

Originally posted by NorrS2
      Any of you guys have experience of the following:-

My S2 Avant blew up it's Central Locking unit recently due to water ingress into the rear compartment where it's located.

When the car is sitting in the drive front in, the nose is sitting higher than the rear and after heavy rain, water is sometime coming in the sunroof and you can hear it "sloshing" about in the roof. I assume it is this water that is running along the roof sections and into the rear compartment.

I've checked the drain channels direct from the Sunroof and they are clear. This is sort of validated when I park the car the other way round and no water gets in.

Is there any other drain channels in the car that could be blocked?
      /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
      www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
      #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

Working...
      X