Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door locks

Hi,
    in the owners handbook for the 80/90, it mentions "electric door lock de-icer" to activate, you pull up and hold the door handle, does anybody have this fitted and does it work? -none of the audi's i've owned, ever has
    Audi S2 Coupe 1995
    VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
    VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
    Carrera Subway 8

Both my S2 and my V8 had/have it. I removed it from the S2 when I deleted the front door locks and I haven't a clue if it works on the V8 as it has remote locking. Without removing the door trim there is nothing to show it is fitted. There is a microswitch on the door handle and a heather element built into the barrel.

TBH I doubt many people actually realise they have it as most use remote locking.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Is this standard on s2's? I have an aby. Is there a way to tell or just wait for an icy morning and try?

Comment

Does ANYONE use the key in the lock of their S2?

I assumed everyone had alarms....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Yup key no alarm or remote locking. Hopefully to be changed soon

Comment

Door locks

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Its the good old fashioned key for me too, I have 2 alarm fobs, both fitted with new batteries but they dont set/dis-arm the alarm or unlock/lock the doors the alarm works with the key though - electronics are not my strong point
            Audi S2 Coupe 1995
            VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
            VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
            Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

I chucked my alarm in the bin as i wanted to keep weight down! I also fill my washer bottle only with enough water for one squirt. One squirt for the screen, and one squirt for the rear!

Comment

yup keys for me too....cant see the point of an alarm, lets face it who runs to the window when they hear one these days?

I have a slighty more time consuming immo solution on mine

I have pulled and held my door handles but damn sure mine either are broken or not on mine MY92 3b though be interested in a retrofit.
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X