Avant Aero Wiper replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant Aero Wiper replacements

I need new Aero Wipers for my RHD Avant bought from Vagparts by the previous owner

I've got the following part numbers

2 x 1J2 955 425 B front wiper blade
    1 x 7E0 955 425 Rear wiper blade ( longer Touran wiper blade that covers whole of rear screen )

Can anybody confirm the front blades are correct and are they only available from a dealer so I have to go to VW?

This thread has some info, scroll down to where they are on about 2003 A6 arms/blades

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14341

Comment

LHD and RHD conversions use different blades unfortunately.

Comment

just measure them and get some Bosch replacement blades for them - easy and much cheaper than teh stealer
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          just measure them and get some Bosch replacement blades for them - easy and much cheaper than teh stealer
          That's what I did as well

If you contact Espares on eBay they will get you some,it's are lass's dads shop. Much cheaper than dealer and Bosch too.
          Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

I have found out that the rear wiper on mine is from VW caddy/T5 California van Skoda Octavia 2 and a VW touran as you hae said, which is 405mm or 16". Sorry the name of the shop is EEmotorspares. The rear wiper is not Bosch but it doesn't make a noise and a perfect fit.
            Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Hello guys!
              I see on several forums differents ways to put the Aero arms.
              All differents and all wrongs in my opinion.
              Arms who it´s impossible "up" they without open the motor "door"
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Are retro fit aero blades any good?

Such as these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Rear-Aer...item3eff8f6e82

Admittedly, they won't look as good as changing the arms too, but will they work just as good?
                Audi S2 Avant, 1995, ...and it begins with a Homefry
                Audi 80 Sport, 1986, ...my first car...wish I still had it
                sigpic

Comment

I've just changed my blades and what a difference it made!

The fronts needed 2x V1J2 955 426 B from VW main dealer to get the BOSCH part.

I did try cheaper alternatives (non Bosch) but they came in matched pairs, left and a right where we need two the same. Bosch also looked the best, black rather than greyish, better quality look and feel.

The rear is off a VW Touran 09/03 onwards. 405 mm fitting 16". Montage No 10
                  This is the longer blade to give a full sweep. HTH
                  RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Will the ones you've mentioned fit on standard arms with the hooked end?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haaran View Post
                      Will the ones you've mentioned fit on standard arms with the hooked end?
                      Nope. You need newer modern arms with the side pin fixing.
                      RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

These retro fit ones will fit on the hooked arms...just want to know if they're as good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haaran View Post
                          These retro fit ones will fit on the hooked arms...just want to know if they're as good.
                          I've got the Bosch retrofit Aero style ones and they're good. Been on mine for a while now too.
                          '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Where can I get Bosch ones from? Do you have part numbers? Cheers
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X