Audi S2 - Right car door is leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 - Right car door is leaking

Hello. I have a little problem with my Audi S2 Coupe. My right door is not completely close so there's been a lot of water into my car, unfortunately. I have found out how it comes along, but are unsure whether it is just the list I should change or not. It is very annoying because my door is wallpaper for because of it.

I need some ideas.

/ PiterS2

Check your fusebox cover is on correctly mate both my coupes had this problem

hope this helps

cheers

Comment

Also check the bonnet release cable where it comes throught the bulkhead. Found my leak at the weekend as the water had frozen and I could track where it had been dripping in....
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Okay. It does not come into the left side, only the right side. I've tried to pour water over the door so I could see where it came in. But I don't know if it is just a new list I should buy. Such a list is not cheap at Audi =/

Comment

Hi - I had three leaks
          1- the bonnet release cable passes through the engine bulkhead - needs to have a rubber gromet. You can see this one under the bonnet, behind the fuse box. Often dirt and leaves get trapped in that corner and cause problems too
          2- round the seal of the windscreen.
          3- inside the door jamb by the hinges ... water used to run off the bonnet and into the gap by hinges, and then somehow cross the rubber door seal. I have added a curved squirt of mastic, which makes sure the water goes DOWNwards instead of trying to find a way IN past the rubber seal;

Good luck
          SOLD !

Comment

1. as it should be, no leak.
            2. as it should be, no leak.
            3. Okay, Do you have some pictures of what you have done? I have put a picture in and marked the places where the water comes in.

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/217114

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
              Also check the bonnet release cable where it comes throught the bulkhead. Found my leak at the weekend as the water had frozen and I could track where it had been dripping in....
              Just replaced my bonnet release grommet, had totally perished. Hopefully fixed my pond problem. If your having problems with water in the drivers footwell I would check grommet 1st

Comment

No one else who has experienced the same problem I have.?

Comment

Yep had the same problem on my s2 and my 2,2 quatt fusebox on the s2 and doorseal on the 2,2

Comment

Okay. What have you done to solve the problem?

Comment

My fusebox cover was not on properly and rplaced drivers door seal seemed to do the trick.
                      hope you get it sorted its a pain in the snarse

Comment

Working...
                      X