debadged grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debadged grills

is the kamei mesh debdged grill the only one availiable?

as the £92+ vat seems a little steep? (ok, remembering first words of wisdom on this site to me, cut up credit cards )

the S2 badge would of course go back on, just gonna loss the big silver rings, oh no tris did that at malvern

are there any other items to look at? a quick search didnt reveal a great deal
    '92 S2 - Bent now

yup!! do not rule ouot the RS2 grille which looks the MUTTS without anything other than the four rings on it. It's even more though!!

Nice avatar BTW
    !!
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

thx martyn, i did see a pic in here of one and it did look cool
      still wanna debadged tho i think

(the avatar is a character in the film hellboy)
      '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Never heard of Hellboy!! must be leading a sheltered life!! damn fine looking avatar, better than my Kangeroo doing itself ;-) grooming that is!

You can 'not fit' the four rings on the RS2, so you have a completely de-badged front end. I was running round like that on mine for a week or so on my RS2 grille, but it just didn't look right as there is a hole in the grille mesh where the bonnet pull comes through, it just didn't look right.

On the home page of this forum, one of the pictures in the corner is of the RS2 grille close up, imagine it w/o the rings...
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I have an Inxx grill - mesh like kamei but cheaper and doesn't have the hole in for the bonnet release (need to modify the catch to make it fit).

Not fitted it yet - paid about £40 on ebay if I remember.
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

I reckon the RS2 grill looks much much better, just the price that isnt so attractive!
            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

The grills with no rings don't look too hot IMHO. The bonnet release spoils them. The RS2 grill (with rings) is the best with or without a badge.

I ran without a front badge for ages because I liked the stealth look, but I found that it was so stealthy that no-one would shift out of my way when I came up behind them on the motorway. I refitted the badge and now other drivers seem to have a little more respect for the car.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

What about spraying/painting on the 'rings logo' on black mesh , or black on silver, whatever u prefer, seen the effect on a few marques, would be easy enough using the original rings as a stencil/mask, thought about doing this on mine, but haven't got round to it yet !

Comment

Originally posted by S2-racer
                  is the kamei mesh debdged grill the only one availiable?

as the £92+ vat seems a little steep? (ok, remembering first words of wisdom on this site to me, cut up credit cards )

the S2 badge would of course go back on, just gonna loss the big silver rings, oh no tris did that at malvern

are there any other items to look at? a quick search didnt reveal a great deal
                  Like this?... Only cost me £20!!! It's a RS2 grill too, bought it from Sal via eBay - cheers Sal

I originally wanted to leave the rings off the grill, but unfortunatley it looked rather odd with large hole in it with the bonnet pull sticking out of it. Hence, I nicked the rings off my standard grill, modified them a bit and sprayed the lot satin black. I like it, but it's not to everyones taste.

'94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
                  S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

i like the way ur car looks in that pic, may be changin my opinion soon, lol

will have to wait and see
                    '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

20vTurbo,
                      IMHO your hasty decision to rattle can your Audi rings black has lowered the classiness of your vehicle. I'm not knocking your choice to do so, but to me the front view of your automobile seems to be lacking. I strongly feel that the picture would have turned out even more beautiful if the outer edge of the grill was chrome, the center section black & the Audi rings chrome. I just feel it brings alittle brightness to the table. Oh let's not forget that the women are very keen of shiny stuff...
                      Last edited by nostrixoxide; 12 July 2004, 06:30.

Comment

I think the all black grille looks cool. IT really would look like the devil coming up behind you with the no. plate
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by nostrixoxide
                          20vTurbo,
                          IMHO your hasty decision to rattle can your Audi rings black has lowered the classiness of your vehicle. I'm not knocking your choice to do so, but to me the front view of your automobile seems to be lacking. I strongly feel that the picture would have turned out even more beautiful if the outer edge of the grill was chrome, the center section black & the Audi rings chrome. I just feel it brings alittle brightness to the table. Oh let's not forget that the women are very keen of shiny stuff...
                          If the outer edge of the grill was chrome, then it wouldn't be an RS2 grill then would it?... which it is The only mod I've done is spray the rings black, and this was only done to mask the bonnet pull and opening. As for class... who needs to advertise?

...I imagine that when a paint my headlights black ( like this... ) it should look as classy as a Burberry cap wearing chav at the ballet
                          S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                            I think the all black grille looks cool. IT really would look like the devil coming up behind you with the no. plate
                            S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

You could always have a "custom-look" RS2 grille. I have a kamei grille but i painted the outer lip silver to match the rings. I did this because i like the classy look of the stock grille, but i prefer the mesh...so now it looks more like an RS4 grille, but for the B4.
                              Joe "NoNonsense"
                              axis motorsport
                              joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
                              X