Using manual window winders from early coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using manual window winders from early coupe

Has any one changed from electrics to the early coupe's manual window winders ?

Cheers James
    Chef

Why do that james?
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Weight?

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Making things as simple as possible and saving weight at the same time, the rear electric windows are going to!
        Chef

Comment

I have a suspicion electric windows were standard equipment on all B3 Coupés. Not 100% on that but fairly sure.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            I have a suspicion electric windows were standard equipment on all B3 Coupés. Not 100% on that but fairly sure.
            I found some in etka from some coupe 1989
            Chef

Comment

Cool, I stand corrected. Must have been for some sort of super base model.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                Cool, I stand corrected. Must have been for some sort of super base model.
                Yes, now just a case of finding one as I have yet to see them to... Where's acid burn got to!
                Chef

Comment

what did i tell you on msn james??

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

i've heard rumours you can use the manual winders from a coupe gt (type 85) and swap over the mech into the frame from a type 89 but i've never attempted it as even the manual winders from a coupe gt are a pita to find. Last pair I heard off are now in ireland in storage.

Another option which i'd be interested in looking into is using a passat/golf mk2/3 early manual winders and swapping the mech over and seeing if thats possible as the parts are cheap as chips.

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

The MTM RSR had manual window winders... http://www.friikartul.ee/gallery/album25/RSR_04
                        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Originally posted by PeteUr View Post
                          i've heard rumours you can use the manual winders from a coupe gt (type 85) and swap over the mech into the frame from a type 89 but i've never attempted it as even the manual winders from a coupe gt are a pita to find. Last pair I heard off are now in ireland in storage.

Another option which i'd be interested in looking into is using a passat/golf mk2/3 early manual winders and swapping the mech over and seeing if thats possible as the parts are cheap as chips.
                          So you not seen them in any Coupes?

@ Fish good find!!!
                          Chef

Comment

Not in b3's out of all the one's that i've seen i've never ever seen any with manual winders on a type 89. I'll ask my mate but doubt he has as well, thats gotta be some poverty spec car to do it, hell its probably only got a dremel under the bonnet and a sail to power it along.

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Working...
                            X