Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert UK to Euro Lights

Hi All,
    I was wondering if anyone new if I could 'simply' (not sure if it is simple) replace the glass on my UK lights with EU glass? I've currently got some cheapo Angel eyes lights in that are impossible to adjust (so will fail the MOT here in Belgium). I'm not really ready to spend €600 on some full replacements... My UK lights are the old standard lights - not the projector bulbs.

The glass unclips, so I dont see why you couldnt swap it over

Comment

I was wondering if there was any other difference except the glass.... ( I'm really hoping it's this simple )
      Is anyone able to confirm if I would need to change anything else?
      Next question - where would I get said glass?
      Cheers

Comment

Sorry to reply to my own post...

Is anyone able to confirm that it is 'just' the glass I need to replace - I need to make a move soon as my MOT is due... Thanks for any advice!

Comment

Must be able to get some secondhand LHD lights for about £50 the pair delivered? Shame they're not projektor...
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

according to the parts listings, the reflectors are different for lhd and rhd
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Hm, on the elipsoid headlamps there is a handle to switch them from lefthand drive t righthand drive.
              I am thinking that in that case there is no difference in the glass?!
              No power, no glory!
              S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Originally posted by s2carlo View Post
                Hm, on the elipsoid headlamps there is a handle to switch them from lefthand drive t righthand drive.
                I am thinking that in that case there is no difference in the glass?!
                Elipsoid glass is the same for both lhd and rhd.
                The handle only changes the dipped side, rhd dips to the left to see the curb. when you switch the handle it only lifts the dipped side to to give a straight line (no dip) for the true change over its quite a big job...
                Rob..
                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant
                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
                X