How to remove lower trims on the front wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove lower trims on the front wings

The lower body trims consist of 4 parts per side, I haev removed the door ones with ease and with a bit of a fiddle got the rears off as they were siliconed in but how do the ones on the front wings come off ?

I know these are uber rare so obviously don't want to damage them when I remove them.

Can't find a guide on how its done but I know people must of had them in the past.

Thanks in advance

how to remove lower trims on the frout wings

they are held on with a 8mm nut.

cheers paul

Comment

You'll need to remove the arch liner to gain access to the nut.
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Bingo ! Thanks guys !

Comment

How easy did the doors ones come off?
          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Very easily, I have another to do tomorrow so fingers crossed they come off as well !

Comment

Out of interest were we talking about the same trims ?

The ones on the wings on both cars were fixed on with tape, no M8 nuts, nor were the wings drilled for them so looked factory how they had been done.

Comment

I was on about the 'rubbing strips' not the door/sill trims.

Carlos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                  Out of interest were we talking about the same trims ?

The ones on the wings on both cars were fixed on with tape, no M8 nuts, nor were the wings drilled for them so looked factory how they had been done.

thats odd. i resprayed my 91 3b two years ago. my front wings trims were held on by 8mm nuts. and looked factory also. how old is the car your working on ?

regards paul

Comment

The car is a 1992 and the other is a 1993 model Avant. I am referring to the rubber trim the plastic one thats part of the sideskirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                      The car is a 1992 and the other is a 1993 model Avant. I am referring to the rubber trim the plastic one thats part of the sideskirts.
                      ah i see. my mistake. sorry mate i understand now what you were on about.

Comment

I should of has "not" in there but I think you knew what I meant !

Comment

Looking at replacing the lower trims and just want to confirm which ones are being talked about here. I know the door ones slide, but what about these? What holds them on?
                          Attached Files

Comment

If its a Coupe it would appear they are bolted on, the Avant ones are stuck on so just run a very thin sharp blade down the back of them to cut them off.

Comment

It's an avant. Are both the fronts and rears stuck on?

Comment

Working...
                              X