Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

993 mirrors + RS2 adapter...is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 993 mirrors + RS2 adapter...is this possible?

As the title says, is a 993 mirror with the RS2 adapter possible and if so, is the adapter available through some parts supplier or dealer?

cheers!
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Joe, I think the answer to this is not the asnwer you wanna hear.... unless anyone here, knows otherwise??
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
      As the title says, is a 993 mirror with the RS2 adapter possible and if so, is the adapter available through some parts supplier or dealer?

cheers!
      There is a wiring diagram in the exterior section on this subject. It is a home made job I'm afraid. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3171

details are on there.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3185

HTH

David

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
        Joe, I think the answer to this is not the asnwer you wanna hear.... unless anyone here, knows otherwise??
        hehe That's what I had a feeling of Martyn.

Someone I know ordered RS2 mirrors and they came in Porsche boxes...so i thought they were the same mirror as the 993 and not a variant...also, i figured the 2-to-1 bolt adapter for the door could be had through Audi part numbers...
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

They are indeed Porsche supplied, but not 993, that would make it too easy huh
          Attached Files
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
            They are indeed Porsche supplied, but not 993, that would make it too easy huh
            Well I guess i will have to wait for a while as all my major funds are going to the engine swap...as you already know. :mischeif:
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Well here's the deal. That bottom piece can come off. 2bennett used 968 mirrors on ali goulet's car. I don't see why the bottom piece could be fit to shape, even if you made a fiber glass replacement piece it should be preity simple to make the porsche mirrors work.

I don't know..

Cheers
              Josh
              I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Josh did you look at the German site that explains RS2 mirrors?

http://www.audi-s2.ch/Berichte/styli...l/spiegel.html
                There was also someone on the AW Forum 80/90/CQ site who did this mod.
                You could also ask Alex at Europrice for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                  http://www.audi-s2.ch/Berichte/styli...l/spiegel.html
                  There was also someone on the AW Forum 80/90/CQ site who did this mod.
                  You could also ask Alex at Europrice for advice.
                  Having spoken to Alex in person about this, i realize that he would rather sell his sets of RS2 mirrors than learn how to modify 993 mirrors to fit - which I don't blame him for.
                  Last edited by NoNonsense; 9 August 2004, 16:32.
                  Joe "NoNonsense"
                  axis motorsport
                  joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

also, i believe those are legitimate RS2 mirrors that he fitted to his coupe.
                    Joe "NoNonsense"
                    axis motorsport
                    joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

back from the archives...now i'm wondering if porsche 964 mirrors will without too much work, or is it the same deal as the 993 mirrors?

After looking at the RS2,4,6 write up in Top Gear, I realize that they are not 993 mirrors but 964 mirrors. Any advice?

Cheers!
                      Joe "NoNonsense"
                      axis motorsport
                      joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Joe, how much of a difference between the 2?

Is the difference that noticable or not at all? It would be quite interesting to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                          Is the difference that noticable or not at all? It would be quite interesting to find out.
                          they are nearly identical in size and shape, but the base of the mirror is what differs and i'm curious if somebody has tried to fit these older mirrors to their audi. it was just a thought!
                          Joe "NoNonsense"
                          axis motorsport
                          joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

All the mirrors are the same, the bases are separate and specific to models (only two types in the Porsche range).

964 bases will be exactly the same as 993 because those cars shared a door skin. The 968 ones might be what you need - they certainly have a more vertical door skin than the 911 series cars do.

I have a pair of 968 ones on my 944 Cabrio if you need pics let me know.

"Hi" by the way - I'm new

Comment

Originally posted by Fen
                              All the mirrors are the same, the bases are separate and specific to models (only two types in the Porsche range).

964 bases will be exactly the same as 993 because those cars shared a door skin. The 968 ones might be what you need - they certainly have a more vertical door skin than the 911 series cars do.

I have a pair of 968 ones on my 944 Cabrio if you need pics let me know.

"Hi" by the way - I'm new

Welcome aboard and thanks for the info! I guess i will make my life easier and order RS2 specific mirrors...d'oh!
                              Joe "NoNonsense"
                              axis motorsport
                              joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
                              X