Ellipsoid vs Reflector Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeaRThiS View Post
    Probs not much help but i found my found my grill on german ebay but mine is just a coupe and ts pre-facelift. Still would be a good place to look.
    Thank you,

But I´ve seen them and you know elipsoids have a diferent inner angle that don´t match the 89 grill and the one in this silver coupe does the job perfectly.

Comment

I have been told that you could either stretch it or buy 2 and chop them up to make one that fits. I spoke to wabtheking last time I went to his unit and he said because of the plastic used it could be stretched if I changed my lights which I plan to do,

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
        yes the earlier style would physically fit but has a different pattern for the beam on the lens.

I tried to get a replacement glass for one of my ellipsoids earlier this year from the main dealer only to be told NLA ! They would sell me a complete unit though for circa £350 GBP !

Can anyone confirm that ellipsoid glass is NLA from England Audi ?
        For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

i had someone call and ask and it's still available from what i remember. they said it was like 70gbp or something like that...
          2011 black VW Touareg TDI - Daily/hauler
          1991 black CQ- rally poser
          1990 titan CQ- rombotis brunhilde racecor
          1986 black Yamaha Fazer FZX - cafe bike project

Comment

Why not buy it through ECS?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/895_941_115_E/

Comment

Working...
            X