Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stongard for Fogs?

Hello all!

I just got a set of Stongard lens covers for my headlamp and was wondering if there was a set of Stongard covers (or a similar product) to be used on the S2 fog lamps. I just got a superb set of french-spec yellow fogs from Martyn at VAGparts.com (who is awesome!) and naturally, I want to protect them because well. French-spec S2 foglights are not exactly common in the states!

If you don't know what stongard is - its a clear self-adhesive acrylic film that you stick on your headlamps lenses to prevent pitting and rock chips. Having had 2 broken lenses on my 90 CQ with euro-spec 90 H4/H1, I feel silly for not getting it sooner. The lenses cost me 70 € each plus shipping (I think I overpaid a little ) but the stongard covers are only $20 USD per headlight. Cheap insurance, and now that I have brand new lenses, I'm good to go

Anyway, if anyone can point me on the right track for foglight versions, I'd be very appreciative. I have the "long style" later-build foglamps.

Thanks!
    Richard
    "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Bwahaha! Billz! Should have asked me!

I have a set on my RS2 lites. Every single one of them. Griots Garage sells a kit where you can make your own. Saved my lites several times already this summer.
    Billzcat1 and Martyn>Audi parts Gods! What would we do without you 2?!

Comment

Richard, you should check out this website...www.xpel.com.
      They have thick stoneguard-like products for headlights and invisible bras for cars. they do most of the factory work for the germany cousin, BMW. i have it on my RS2 headlights...but had it custom cut to wrap around the city lights too. I also wrapped the 993/RS2 fogs and turn signals which I don't even have a bumper for yet!
      Check it out!

Cheers,
      joe
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Woot Griots Garage is also somewhat local to me, so I think I'll go with that option. I think my old CQ fogs had Xpel, which burnt in the center and actually caused the fogs to crack, IMO. It was a VERY thick (1/4") version of stongard and looked terrible. The previous owner took excellent care of the car (sales manager at Seattle's largest Audi dealer) but I question his judgement in using that particular brand of headlight covers.

Thanks for the recommendations!
        Richard
        "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

Working...
        X